Digital Business Analyst
Location: UK Wide - Flexible
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, who are at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, they enable organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations.
They are driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 300,000 team members in 55 countries. The Group reported 2021 global revenues of EUR 18.2 billion.
Who be you'll working with?
The Cloud & Custom Applications (C&CA) business unit is a core part of the UK's Application Services organisation. They specialise in the use of leading-edge technologies, forward-looking platforms and agile delivery processes to develop business solutions for large private and public sector organisations.
The C&CA capability teams provide the breadth of skills and experience required to undertake end-to-end delivery of these systems, services and solutions. The Business Analyst team is a core part of C&CA, and has had significant investment in building a market leading Digital BA capability. You will join a team of over 60 BAs and it is their priority to actively invest in and grow this capability through recruitment and training.
The focus of your role
As a Digital Business Analyst, you will be responsible for activities on projects and programmes of all sizes. You will be able to understand our client's business needs and creatively shape and refine business solutions to meet those needs. In guiding and advising clients to help them develop and refine requirements, you must be able to quickly establish your credibility with client staff at all levels.
What you'll do
- Work with stakeholders and business users from the customer to elicit, capture, analyse, refine, communicate and document their requirements
- Represent the customer (acting as a proxy) in support of the delivery teams throughout the project
- Represent the technical team in communication with the customer about the project delivery
- Provide support to the architects, designers and developers in the definition of technical solutions
- Work with User Experience and Information Architects in the definition of customer journeys and the production of wireframes and prototypes
- Validate that the functional and non-functional requirements are appropriately implemented within the solution
- Assist with the estimation of timescales, resources and planning to successfully deliver a project
- Be a contributor to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project assets
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT trends, best practices and digital technologies
- Coach and develop our people, particularly our more junior BAs and Graduate community (for more senior BA positions)
- Act as Scrum Master, Product Owner and/or Agile Coach (for more senior BA positions)
What you'll bring
- A track record of working on IT development programmes with demonstrable experience of working on a variety of different IT delivery projects.
- Exposure to a digital suite of systems such as CRM, CMS, mobile apps, Social Media and Ecommerce
- Experience of working with a recognised Agile or Iterative development methodology (e.g. Scrum, XP, DSDM)
- Experience of Agile documentation including Backlogs, Customer Journeys, Use Cases, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria etc
- Experience of a variety of requirements elicitation techniques, (e.g. interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops, role playing and prototyping)
- Experience of analysis of both functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience of the full project lifecycle and a good understanding of project roles and activities (technical and non-technical) required for successful delivery
- Good facilitation and influencing skills with the ability to work with large groups of customers of varying level of seniority from user to board level
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate with and present to internal teams and customers with technical and non-technical backgrounds
- You - bring your values, energy, motivation and sense of humour to add to and enhance our team and culture.
For more senior positions, experience in the below is also considered:
- Leadership of other BAs
- User interface design and wireframing skills
- User research
- Service design
- Working in Scrum Master and/or Product Owner roles (with any certifications)
- Modelling of the business domain - process, rules and objects / data
- Formal requirements management and traceability (including use of tools)
- Working in a GDS framework
What's on offer
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer and although collaboration is at the core of the way they work, they also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity are positively encouraged.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough task. But when you join, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible.