Diet Chef Supervisor
|Job Title:||Diet Chef Supervisor|
|Salary:||£23000 - £26000|
|Start Date:||2019-06-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2019 19:19|
We are currently seeking a Diet Chef Supervisor to work at Central Manchester Hospital. The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination and preparation of all foods necessary to supplement frozen meals and prepare all special diets required for patient food services, to ensure that all foods are produced in a safe and hygienic manner always and stored correctly adhering to all legislation governing food production and storage.Package description
£23,000 - £26,000 per annum + benefits
This role will work 5 days from 7 however will predominantly be a Monday – Friday role.Main responsibilities
- Being a leader and an active part of a large team of Chefs, Kitchen Porters you will play a crucial role in achieving Sodexo’s mission statement of being a world leader in quality of life services.
- Ensure all foods are prepared according to standard recipe and production schedules. Prepare food, and attend or check cooking processes according to the recipe index or correct method.
- Plans production of special diets in accordance with standard recipes as advised by ward based teams and Trust Dieticians and produces production schedule for each day’s meal service
- Ensure stock controls and rotation procedures are maintained
- Complete people admin tasks such as PDRs, RTWs etc.
- Carry out investigations in line with company disciplinary, capability and grievance policy.
- Attend team huddles and cascade information down to your team improving engagement across the kitchen team.
- Hold team huddles weekly ensuring that copies of your huddle are kept for auditing.
- Ensure all training is carried out as required.
- Work with and support all units/departments within the centre to ensure all aspects of the SLA’s are delivered always.
- Manage your kitchen team ensuring that all levels of quality, cleanliness, food safety and hygiene are in line with company policies and procedures.
- Embrace and grow a ‘zero accidents culture’ within your team by ensuring the accurate reporting of near misses and accidents as well as reporting any equipment defects to the helpdesk.
- Proven track record of employment within the catering/hospitality industry
- Proven experience of managing a team
- Experience of managing a stock management budget
- Good numerical and communication skills must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of health & safety and food safety.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Level 3 food safety qualification.
- IOSH qualification or equivalent
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.