DevOps Engineer - Cloud / Elasticsearch
- Job Reference: 00013897-1
- Date Posted: 21 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Uxbridge, London
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
JOB OVERVIEW: DevOps Engineer / Infrastructure Development Engineer / Software Developer sought by one of the world's leading cybersecurity companies.
LOCATION:- Uxbridge but remote working initially due to Covid-19 and some flexibilty for remote working into the future.
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent employment contract
SALARY/PACKAGE: Totally negotiable depending on experience plus generous Equity!..plus bonuses, pension etc.
You'd be working for a global bleeding-edge cyber intelligence company that predicts, prevents, and protects against insider cybersecurity threats for high-value companies.
You'll get to work with engineers, entrepreneurs, and sellers who, for the last two decades, have built world-class network and communication technology companies that have sold for $300 million, $3.4 billion & most recently $700 million. My client was founded in 2016 to solve insider cybersecurity threats, today my client has more than 100 employees with offices in Europe, London and New York.
My client is looking for a passionate developer to join the Infrastructure and
API team working on of their pioneering product. The Infrastructure and API team is responsible for building our data pipeline, processing hundreds of thousands of events per second, and designing and implementing powerful search APIs to access this data. You'd be responsible for building new features, optimizing performance and helping scale our platform.
* You must have experience in building scalable database solutions and crafting well-designed APIs from the ground up.
* You've used Elasticsearch and have a solid understanding of its core design concepts are are familiar with its internals.
* You enjoy squeezing the most out of search and query performance, you have an understanding of profiling and tracing tools and understand how best to structure data to optimise performance.
* While the majority of our infrastructure is based on Golang, we do not require candidates to necessarily be experienced with the language.
* We're looking for a candidate who is willing to expand their own knowledge while also bringing their own expertise and experience to our team.
* As an experienced developer we would like you to help drive the technical direction of the product. As a small company with a diverse team, mentoring and development of our graduate developers is also extremely important and is a part of all of our experienced developer roles.
* You want a career where your creative abilities will make a difference to the world of technology and be part of an impressive R&D environment.
Experience & skills
• Experience designing and building large scale data pipelines.
• Experience and competence in using Elasticsearch with some knowledge of its internals.
• Understanding of service oriented architectures and building cloud based products.
• Familiarity with some of the technology we base our solution around: Kafka, PostgreSQL, GRPC, REST APIs, Kubernetes.
• Specific language experience is not required, though the majority of our product is written in Golang.
• Mentoring and technical leadership.
WHAT'S ON OFFER:-
Along with the chance to work with arguably THE world's leading cyber security technology company who continue to grow extremely rapidly you'll benefit from the following:
- An extremely pleasant and professional working environment with like-minded software development enthusiasts.
- Excellent salary and benefits package including generous equity/shares, contributory pension, bonuses
- Fantastic ongoing training and personal development
- The chance to work on exciting and truly pioneering AI & cyber security projects
- REAL chances for rapid career progression for top performers!
IF you are a strong match to the specific requirements for this role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible. Candidates who are not a close match sadly cannot be considered.
Keywords; software developer, development, engineer, programmer, architect, cloud, saas, GCP, Python, Golang, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Bash, AWS, Terraform, IAC, infrastructure as code, prometheus, DevOps