Development Planning Assistant
|Job Title:||Development Planning Assistant|
|Salary:||£9.55 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-02-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jess Moreton|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2019 15:48|
Salary: £9.55 per hour
Type: Temp contract
Pertemps are currently representing their client based in Bangor or Aberystwyth to recruit a Development Planning Assistant on a temporary contract.
The post holder will be part of the Development Planning Advice Service team, to deliver timely co-ordinated advice which supports the ecosystem approach specifically to:
• Provide a one stop facility for planning customers and internal statutory advice for other internal licences and permissions
• Deliver an efficient and effective Development Planning Advice Service for customers
• Influence Forward Planning.
• Provide pre-planning advice to developers and for internal projects.
• Lead on Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects.
• Provide co-ordinated responses to development control consultations.
• Lead on appeals and enquiries.
• Provide protected species advice for planning and licensing.
• Support the strategy implementation through the function of the team.
• Influence local development planning and engagement with the development community.
• Collaborate with other departments to develop, strategy, policy and processes.
We want to develop a high performing service which delivers for customers and the environment. A service with a strong team ethic in which individual's specialism's are recognised and valued.
The Development Planning Assistant will be responsible for providing business and operational support to the Development Planning Team.
• Setting direction
Contribute to the forward planning of your teams work.
• Delivering results
Provide effective administrative and business support to the Development Planning Team.
Maintain business information systems (hardcopy and electronic) including the planning filing system.
Enter application data accurately onto the Planning data management systems.
Produce information from IT systems.
Retrieve and collate decision notices from the Local Planning Authorities.
Prepare paperwork for internal consultation to support other team members to deadline.
Provide responses to planning consultations received by the client that do not require a bespoke response.
• Building relationships
Assist customers (internal and external) to access the Development Planning Service.
• Ensuring effective governance
Produce appropriate standard records of actions and outcomes to justify and demonstrate that all legal and procedural requirements have been met.
Support the Team Leader to monitor the performance of the business processes used by the team
• Developing people and teams
Take reasonable care for the wellbeing, health and safety of yourself and others and comply with all health and safety legislation as appropriate.
Job Specific Criteria: Essential
1) Education to GCSE level standard or relevant work experience.
2) Working within a team
3) Customer focussed with effective communication skills and good telephone manner
4) Delivering results to timescales
5) Good organisational skills
6) Ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload
Welsh Language Requirements:
Due consideration has been given to the Welsh language requirements for the post and the existing skills within the department. Given this consideration the Welsh language skills required for this post is level 3
IT skills including use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, GIS, mapping and e-mail applications in Windows Environment are required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's