- Job Reference: 00027873-1
- Date Posted: 18 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £14,709 to £17,424
- Sector: Community & Sport, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
As the face of Hanover, you will be committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing a high quality, personalised service to our customers through efficient management of Burnside Court, Alva & Devon Court, Tullibody.
This is a challenging and rewarding role will see you at the heart of our development communities 26 hours per week at a rate of £10.88 per hour. You will be helping residents and ensuring a high quality independent living environment.
The Development Manager Tullibody and Alva has wide variety of responsibilities and tasks and related to the smooth and continuous running of the Development and is ultimately responsible for providing a high quality housing management service to customers and management of our housing development.
You’ll be handling with a wide range of people; from residents and their families to contractors, local community groups and other agencies. A vital role within an independent living environment:
* Provide information and advice to customers, prospective customers and others regarding Hanover’s housing Management services.
* To welcome new customers and assist them to settle into their new homes.
* Helping/signposting residents, the role requires you to work between two busy developments; handling a variety of issues that requires you to manage and prioritise your time.
* Logging day to day repairs and monitor their progress – liaising with contractors where necessary.
* Carrying out property inspections, liaising with area administration staff.
* Regularly engaging with our customers giving them advice and information relating to the community within the development.
* Communicate community guidelines to residents.
* Responsible for essential fire checks, health and safety, monitoring and maintaining development safety, by reporting any incidents by regular visits to customers.
* Line managing the cleaner to ensure that general hygiene and cleanliness standards are high and the guidelines protecting residents from coronavirus are in place.
* To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
* Demonstrable ability of empathising with and caring for the elderly
* Genuine desire to give back to the community and manage a quality service.
* Knowledge of housing management services
* Ability to build rapport with a wide range of people
* Strong, clear communication skills
* Resilient, proactive, self-confident and customer-orientated.
* Highly organised with the ability to prioritise daily tasks efficiently
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
* Competitive Salary and Remuneration
* Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
* Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
* Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
* Generous Pension Options
* Enhanced Maternity Benefits
* External qualifications SVQs
* Employee Protection Protocols
* Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
The Application Process
Apply today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later to apply before the closing date.
* You will receive confirmation of application submission and a copy of your application form will be sent to you via email.
* Your application will be carefully reviewed against the specific requirements of the role
* Applicants progressed to assessment stage will receive contact to arrange an interview / assessment where we can learn more about each other.
* Hanover endeavours to contact all applicants within 14 days of the closing date though due to the high volume of applications that we receive; we may not always able to notify of the status of your valued application within this time.
Due to the current climate; video interviews will be conducted in accordance with our requirements to assess the role in which you are applying for