Development Manager - West Midlands County, West Midlands
|Job Title:||Development Manager - West Midlands County, West Midlands|
|Location:||West Midlands County, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£43,500 plus car allowance (this is negotiable depending on experience)|
|Start Date:||2019-06-26 00:00:00.0|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Bowron|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 11:55|
The Development Manager will be responsible for a Project Management team delivering the pre contract elements of a designated part of the development programme. Scheme responsibility including delivering internal stakeholder expectations, overall financial performance of individual schemes and meeting programme targets.
We are flexible on location for this role as we have a number of offices across our geography including Wolverhampton, Chipping Sodbury & Tewkesbury.
- Will lead and manage a Project Management team to deliver pre contract services within New Homes.
- Will work with colleagues to develop their skills base and effectiveness.
- Will lead on major projects and initiatives within New Homes.
- Will prepare detailed and financially robust development scheme projects for internal approval
- Will negotiate as appropriate land, build and development contracts/ agreements safeguarding the interests of the Group.
- Will ensure processes/ projects/ colleagues within own area of responsibility are operating in line with agreed Group requirements, contributing to efficient and cost effective service delivery.
- At all times to ensure that schemes comply with internal requirements and those of the HCA, other lending bodies and statutory authorities.
- Will retain overall scheme responsibility including cash flow management and loan draw down activity.
- Identifies and resolves programme/ scheme specific issues within agreed parameters and proposes solutions outside of this to line manager.
- To lead and manage their team to deliver schemes/ a specified element of the new homes programme on time, to budget and to agreed quality standards.
What do I need?
- Minimum of 5 years development experience to provide advice to Project Managers on financial, contract and programme issues.
- Effective programme and project management experience within an HA context.
- Detailed understanding/experience of the development process.
- Detailed understanding/experience HCA Procedures / use of IMS.
- Detailed understanding/experience of scheme and financial appraisals.
- Detailed understanding/experience of land acquisition, purchase agreement and development agreements within HA context.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of the Planning Process/ system and the ability to read and interpret Planning Agreements.
Closing date for applications 5th July 2019, with interviews taking place in due course.
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we’ve merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Our colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. We will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us which must cover the last two years. In addition to this, all employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Construction Planner/Senior Planner
£50000 - £65000 per annum
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance, 25 Days Holiday, 5% Pension
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Up to £40,000 depending on experience + bonus + Pension + Company car