Developer Services Manager
- Job Reference: 00039523-1
- Date Posted: 18 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Reigate, Surrey
- Salary: £45,000
- Sector: Call Centre / Customer Service, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Developer Services Manager
If you have excellent leadership skills and a background in the water industry, this is an exciting opportunity to join a fresh-thinking business that recognises and rewards their employees’ efforts.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and exceed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Why you should join our team:
As part of our Developer Services Department, you’ll join a highly enthusiastic and fast-paced team who use a collaborative approach. You’ll discover a welcoming, open office culture where colleagues support each other to perform at their best. This team operates in an evolving environment that’s rapidly changing, and you will have the chance to get involved in new process implementations.
We believe in engaging, including and empowering our colleagues and fostering a nurturing work environment where people flourish and strive to do a great job.
As a Silver Investors in People accredited business, we place a big emphasis on learning and development. You’ll have the chance to take part in our leadership development programme and undertake service delivery and technical regulations training.
- Salary of c£45,000 per annum
- Occasional overtime available
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 40 hours per week (either 8:00 – 16:30 or 8:30 – 17:00)
As the Developer Services Manager, you’ll oversee the delivery of a full design and quotation service for the requisition of new water mains, mains diversions, new connections and replacement service pipework.
Joining an office-based contact centre environment, you will oversee the Developer Services Administrative function and serve developers and customers who need a new water supply.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead, motivate and develop your team and act as an escalation point for them
- Work closely with contractors and make sure work is completed to a high standard
- Deliver a positive experience to developers and customers
- Prepare accurate estimates and quotations for customers
- Monitor, control and report on the performance of the department
Other organisations may call this role Developer Services Operations Manager, Water Network Services Manager, Contact Centre Operations Manager, Water Developer Services Manager, or Senior Surveyor.
Here at SES Water, we recruit people based on their potential, values and fit, rather than their experience and qualifications. We are seeking a Developer Services Manager who has:
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated approach
- Plenty of passion and the ability to quickly pick up new skills
- The ability to think on your feet to resolve issues
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Experience of working in developer services, gained in a client, consultant or contractor environment
- Team leadership and/or management experience
- Experience of water or utility works
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you’re seeking your next challenge as a Developer Services Manager, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount. While COVID-19 restrictions are in place, we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe