|Salary||£19000 - £20500 per annum||Sector||Call Centre & Customer Service|
Do you want to be a part of a company that provides an essential service to our 15 million customers? Do you pride yourself in being able to make a real difference to deliver excellent customer service? This is an excellent opportunity to work for the UK’s largest water and sewerage company, Thames Water.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day despatch activities and workload for field teams to maximise productivity whilst achieving service delivery targets and further increase customer satisfaction.
This role requires a high level of co-ordination skills, managing multiple tasks and systems at one time. Your day to day duties will include:
- Jeopardy manage a schedule of work in our click scheduling system, resolving blockers in getting customer and business critical work within service level agreements
- Quality checking and validating new work raised by the contact centre to ensure we follow “right first time”
- Proactively calling customers where we are unable to resource our customer promises, committing to a new time or date and ensure we attend
- Maximise productivity of our field resources to ensure they are fully utilised in their working day and reducing travel time
- Managing difficult situations where customers may be impacted by poor service. Handle reactive customer contact, ensuring signposting and empathy is used at all times
- Identify opportunities and strategies to improve business efficiency and communicate these initiatives to a manager
- Responsible for completing health and safety checks of our field resources
- Resolve blockers and complex issues that may prevent a customer issue or journey being resolved
- Create accurate Highway and Council permits to facilitate repair work legally and reduce avoidable charges
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Outstanding customer service and the ability to be flexible and positive to ever changing customer and business needs
- Strong and clear communication and co-ordination skills as well as the ability to work well independently are essential to this role
- Previous experience of dealing with customer complaints, both written and verbal is advantageous
- Self-motivated, resilient and outgoing in order to succeed
- Previous experience of working in a logistics, construction or water industry, this would be highly advantageous, however not essential
- You ideally will have worked in a role with multiple conflicting priorities, and will possess the ability to remain clam under pressure
- IT literate and have an understanding of internal systems and processes
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to join a highly motivated and fast-paced team within Thames Water to provide a first class service to our customers, provide guidance and leadership to field members, promoting customer excellence as well as working alongside a variety of different internal stakeholders. You will be working in one of the very few roles in the business where you have a real opportunity to influence the outcome of our customer’s journey and take ownership of customer experience
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
Click here to view our full list of Rewards and Benefits
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.