|Salary||Competitive||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
As a Desktop Support Team Leader you will support the companies UK and International business operations by providing effective Team Leader support to the Software Support, Quality Assurance and Business Intelligence teams. As well as being a forward thinking leader, you will support with working through tickets at busy times and liaising with internal customers on escalated queries. You will be ITIL trained and promote working in an ITIL environment.You must enjoy speaking to internal stakeholders and working cross functionally where required.
This is a great opportunity to showcase your excellent technical ability coupled with your fantastic customer service skills. You will be joining a growing team which prides itself on providing great service across the business.
The role will be responsible for;
• Assigning and monitoring tasks for the application support teams listed above.
• Works closely with application and Web development teams on solutions for new projects and existing.
• Works closely with the Help Desk and Software Support Team to work through internal issues related to open software trouble tickets.
• Works closely with the stakeholders to ensure proper feedback to the Development Team on new software versions and enhancements as well as current versions issues.
• Troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software and software-related issues.
• Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources (including Merlin Business Systems).
• Tracks and manages development issues for both breaks and enhancements within the Merlin ERP system or other systems developed by Cromwell or partners.
• Tests and distributes official software upgrade releases in coordination with the other members of the Software Support and QA Teams.
• Provide a weekly report of open issues and statistics of Support Team activities to the Business Systems Manager.
• Responsible for the Out-Of-Hours Processes, scheduling and escalation on a rota bases.
Experience and Knowledge:
• Previous experience of 1st line support
• Experience of 2nd line support
• IT support experience gained within a point of sale / business systems or stock / order processing ERP solutions
• Experience of successfully managing/leading teams
• ITIL trained
• Strong MS Excel
• Experience of Report Writing
• Experience of UNIX/Linux is an advantage.
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and internal stakeholders by, written (Email), telephone and in person.
What you'll get in return
The chance to join a multinational organisation with ambitious growth plans and one where team members truly matter. Our people focus incudes engagement, development opportunities and career path, diversity and the ability to influence.
As one of our employees, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a variety of benefits, including 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), free car parking, defined contribution pension scheme and employee discounts on products and retailers.
For further information on the benefits package for this role, please contact us on 0116 2001609.
Cromwell, Fabory, Grainger Global Online and Zoro Tools Europe are subsidiaries of W.W. Grainger, a U.S. Fortune 500 industrial supplies business.
Cromwell has been established for over 50 years and is a supplier of maintenance, repair and operations type products, offering an unrivalled choice of products to all industries, professions and trades.
From cutting tools to personal protection products and from precision equipment to abrasives and power tools, our extensive range brings together all the major brands and more in an unrivalled selection available from a single source.
We also offer a diverse profile of technical and specialist support, which ranges from in-depth product expertise, to on-site solutions to enable you to maximise performance.
We offer next day delivery or collection from our nationwide Stock Centres, supported by an overnight UK logistics network.