Design project engineer
|Job Title:||Design project engineer|
|Salary:||£24000 - £28000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Kline|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 17:29|
My client, a local engineering company specialising in structural welding is currently looking for a design engineer to assume direct responsibility for the 'hands-on' development and coordination of an effective design resource to meet the current and future demands of the business.
Responsibilities & accountability:
* Provide coordination, structure and leadership to all aspects of the design activity.
* Ensure all design work is completed within defined project timescales and budgets.
* Provide guidance and support to the design team from conceptual designs through to completed design packages.
* Issue design packages to appropriate departments in accordance with ISO procedures.
* Carry out design risk assessments and ensure conformance to latest standards and procedures.
* Support the procurement and manufacturing engineering activities
* Communicate directly with customers and suppliers and attend site meetings or surveys as required.
* Developments of the department to meet future demands i.e. continually raise the standard of the design resource.
* Maintain an awareness of company activities i.e. current workloads, projected workloads, manufacturing programs, customer feedback, etc.
* Conscientious, organised, with excellent communication skills
* Ambitious self-starter with experience in original designs and product development - ideally within food, pharmaceuticals or automotive.
* Must have experience with CAD systems, preferably Solidworks and Microsoft Office.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£1 per annum
Mechanical Systems Design Engineer
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
£48000 - £55000 per annum
Mechanical Design Engineer
£37000 - £45000 per annum
Highways Design Engineer
£28000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, competitive salary, pension