|Salary||£25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Dependent on experience||Sector||Engineering|
The role will require you to design metal products, working to customer drawings/samples and program for punching/laser and bending machines to produce same. To aid customers in design choices reflecting value engineering, lean production and suitable tolerances.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Take products from design to manufacture using 2D/3D CAD/CAM software.
- Create programs for machines from drawings and samples utilising programs including Radan, Solidworks and Bysoft.
- Complete projects within deadlines as agreed with your Manager/Customer.
- Follow projects from concept to completion and liaise with colleagues to ensure prototypes/samples are despatched on time and to specification.
- Maintain filing systems containing drawings in accordance with ISO9002 and departmental/company procedures.
- Ensure the most efficient sheet sizes and designs are implemented to ensure lean processing.
- Ensure all production drawings are clear and concise containing all relevant detail to enable manufacture.
- Assist sales with quotes and estimates.
- Design of speciality parts/jigs/fixtures for customers or in-house use.
- Other duties as assigned by Managers.
- Ability to read, create to BS EN 8888 standards and interpret technical engineering drawings.
- A good understanding of value engineering.
- Good time management and flexibility.
- Ability to give clear visual, written, and oral instruction.
- Knowledge of project management methodology.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and be able to manage time accordingly.
- Excellent I.T. skills.
- Minimum three years formal CAD/CAM training or minimum five years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Previous exposure and/or understanding of sheet metal processes/machinery such as punch press, laser and press brake folding machines is advantageous.
- HNC/HND in relevant discipline also advantageous.
Salary is dependent on experience £25'000 +