|Salary||£1 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
Design Office Manager
Hours of Work:
8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
8.30am to 1.30pm Friday
Providing products for the Construction and Manufacturing industries. The Framing division provides lightweight, fast track galvanized steel building solutions, which are assembled on site as infill walling or load bearing structures. You will be required to work as part of the design team of this market leading lightweight structural system, known as SFS.
• The ideal candidate would have between 3 to 5 years' experience working with BS5950, BS6399, BS8110, BS5628, BS5268 or alternatively a working knowledge of Eurocodes, especially 1 & 3 would be an advantage
• Working towards chartered status or already chartered through the IStructE or ICE
• Structural design of a variety of building structures in all materials, but ideally with a focus on steel with knowledge or experience in light gauge steel being an advantage
• Have commercial awareness
• Be familiar with AutoCad (knowledge of Revit would be an advantage)
• Have the ability to form good working relationships with customers
• Be well organised, self-motivated, professional and able to work under pressure
• Be responsible for achieving objectives on own initiative, as well as part of a team
• Be computer literate and able to communicate design principles at all levels
• Attention to detail, accuracy and mathematical analysis
• Must be eligible to work in the UK
1. Management of projects through Metsec's design and drawing office.
2. Design of medium rise building structures and secondary structural support systems.
3. Clearly communicate designs and concepts to customers.
4. Provide technical support and advice to Metsec's team of Area Sales Managers including general structural, fire, acoustic and thermal issues.
5. Represent the Company at Design Team meetings and site visits when necessary at various locations across the UK.
• Competitive salary
• Company pension scheme
• Health cash plan
• Life assurance and 33 days holiday (including statutory days)