- Job Reference: 00054714-1
- Date Posted: 8 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire
- Salary: £25,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Salutem Healthcare are committed to ensuring that the individuals who use our services receive great enabling support from a team of highly trained and engaged staff in environments that are homely and comfortable. We are innovative, solution focused and committed to doing the best we possibly can.
* We are Supportive by promoting opportunities for everyone so they can reach their full potential
* We are very Ambitious to provide the best possible outcomes for the people who use our services
* We are Loyal because we put the people that we support and our staff at the centre of everything we do, and we deliver on our promises. We also are committed to ensuring that our services are meeting the needs of all stakeholders
* We are Unique because we are ambitious and innovative about the diversity of the services that we provide without compromising quality
* We are Transparent by being open, honest and fostering a culture of mutual respect. We promote a culture where we learn by our experiences and we are committed to doing things better and setting the highest standards in what we do
* We are Engaging because we work in partnership with the people that we support, our staff and all our stakeholders
* We encourage everyone to experience a Meaningful life by being aspirational and by offering opportunities
Rutland Villa is a 3-bed residential care home in Stourport on Severn supporting people with learning disabilities to become more confident and independent people while living their best lives.
The role of the Deputy Manager is to assist the Registered Manager with the day to day organisation and effective running of the service, providing leadership and management to the staff. To support the Registered Manager in monitoring the training and development needs of staff and maintaining a safe and healthy work and home environment.
To assist the Registered Manager to deliver an effective and efficient provision of support to the people living within Salutem’s services. The overall objective is to increase their social development and life skills to enable them to live as independent adults in the wider community. You must ensure that the support that is delivered considers the individual’s racial, culture/religious origins, language, gender, sexual orientation and disability.
* To support the Registered Manager to monitor and support the delivery of person centred services to all people using our service within your defined area.
* To support the Registered Manager to monitor and support the health and safety of both people using the service and support staff.
* To support the Registered Manager to ensure that the actions of all staff directly supporting people using the service support their care, protection and well-being, and in compliance with external regulations, standards and monitoring bodies.
* To provide supervision to the support workers through effective recruitment and selection, inductions, coaching and performance management.
* To develop knowledge and skill of staff teams through delivering effective inductions, including the Care Certificate and providing mandatory & service specific training as and when required
* To use the IT system available to support the Registered Manager to effectively manage your staff teams, incidents, quality assurance, training and occupancy.
* To work effectively with external agencies to promote the work of the company and to support the Registered Manager to increase referrals and placements within the service in line with defined business targets.
* To develop own knowledge and practice relative to continuous service improvement & self-development
* To provide leadership, advice and support to staff in the absence of the Registered Manager
* Supervise, mentor and act as a positive role model to staff team to ensure effective and efficient person centred service delivery to all people who use the service
* Conduct annual performance appraisals, supervisions and team meetings for the staff team, as directed by the Registered Manager
* To be responsible for the effective delivery of the induction programme, including the Care Certificate for new staff
* Motivate the staff team to drive and improve service delivery
* To plan the service rota and contribute to the resolution of staffing issues as required by the Home Manager.
* To ensure safe staffing levels always in collaboration with the Home Manager.
* To deploy staffing resources to best meet service users’ needs considering the level of skills of the staff when required.
* To investigate, make decisions and take remedial action in respect of complaints, at the appropriate level and as indicated within the Complaints policy in the absence of the Registered Manager.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
What you'll get from us?
* COVID-19 Vaccination
* FREE DBS
* Employee Discount- Perkbox