Position: Deputy Manager
Location: Oxford, OX2
Salary: Up to £32,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 43 weeks per year, inclusive of 20 days holiday
My client is on the lookout for an experienced Deputy Manager to join a prestigious school based in Oxford. As the Deputy Manager, you thrive on getting the best out of people and you will draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting a team. This role will support the catering manager with the organisation and delivery of the hospitality catering operation at this wonderful venue.
- Must have previous experience as within a fresh food environment.
- Experience in the education contract catering sector is a benefit.
- Must have experience in fine dining and events.
- Strong financial acumen.
- You will have a passion for delivering excellent service.
- Experience managing a large team of FOH and support staff.
- You will need to show great communication skills.
- Attention to detail is an absolute must.
- Must be have an DBS check for the role.
- Financial awareness and understanding in dealing with labour controls and forecasting
- Excellent communication skills
- Deputising for the General Manager during short periods of absence.
- Supervision of the staff counter at the Upper School for lunch service.
- Supervision of the pupil tuck shop at the Upper School.
- To be available as and when required to manage / supervise School events where catering services are required as part of your normal weekly hours. This will include evening and weekend work.
- Planning and organisation in conjunction with the General Manager and Head Chef of themed events and product initiatives for the Upper School.
- To provide support to the kitchen team with food preparation when required.
- Supporting the General Manager with administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of all services at the Upper, Prep and Pelican Schools.
- To attend team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required, company and client information.
- To support the General Manager in ensuring that all employees are always aware of Health and Safety policies and procedures and adhere to company and School standards.
- To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
- To work with the General Manager and provide support to ensure that the School has an accurate and efficient financial control system in place.
- To assist the General Manager to ensure that all bookwork is completed timely, accurately and efficiently
Health & Safety Management:
- To record and report all accidents within the School adhering to School and company procedures.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- To establish and maintain School cleaning schedules.
- To respond to all company memos and requests as required.
- To ensure that all Company Health, Safety and Food Hygiene procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all employees.
What's in it for you...?
- Salary: Up to £32,000
- Excellent training and development
- Rewards & recognitions
- Meals provided
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please contact Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949.