|Job Title:||Deputy Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £40,000 dependant on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-07-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Chloe Bromley|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2019 17:33|
We are currently recruiting a Deputy Manager to support the Contract Director in managing catering, hospitality and events within a prestigious independent school. This is a high profile independent school contract which will therefore provide you with the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills and develop within a growing business.
We require a ‘hands on’ team player to give focus to daily service delivery and the set-up of events and functions.
This position will suit an ambitious manager with a passion for innovation, who is skilled in food delivery, hospitality and customer experience. We are looking for an individual with a keen eye for detail, passion for 5 star service and experience within fine dining and events.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career within a prestigious environment.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
• Efficient management of the delivery of events and hospitality, ensuring high standards of quality and customer service
• Effectively supervise a team of 10- 12 direct reports to deliver an outstanding, efficient service to the client, customers and students
• Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets
• Lead the organisation of high profile functions, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours
• Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client Organisation.
• Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, Health and Safety and take any action as is necessary
• Previous experience in high end catering and events management, ideally obtained from a hotel, events or prestigious environment
• Passion for delivering great food and service
• Experience of leading and developing a team within a catering and events environment
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail and passionate about service
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Hold RIPHH & IOSH Certificates, or equivalent
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's