Deputy Home Manager
- Job Reference: 00006397-1
- Date Posted: 9 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Addlestone, Surrey
- Salary: £33,000 to £36,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Situated in a quiet residential avenue in Addlestone Surrey. A beautiful home with extensive grounds, with accommodation for 52 elderly residents, providing health care to people who are elderly or suffering with dementia.
A charitable organisation reflecting the values of care.
The atmosphere is relaxed and homely, residents are encouraged and enabled to maintain independence in their daily lives for as long as they possibly can.
Home rated Good in their latest inspection by the Care Quality Commission
Acting in the absence of the manager as the person in charge and to be responsible for the supervision and management of care staff on a shift to shift basis. To be responsible for the health, safety and well being of all residents in the home whilst on duty.
* To carry out and supervise others in care procedures ensuring good practice at all times
* To liaise with local GP and other health and social care staff, as required, to maintain the health and well-being of residents
* To ensure, in the absence of the Manager, the home is adequately staffed within agreed budget limits.
* To teach relevant staff the skills needed to improve and maintain the level of care and assist in ensuring all staff are aware of relevant policies.
* To deal with the management and administration of the scheme in accordance with policies and procedures.
* To ensure that all residents or their relatives/advocates and staff are aware of and understand the complaints procedure and ensure that it is rigorously followed.
* NVQ Level 3 or 4
* GCSE in English at grade C or above
* Basic First Aid
* Food Hygiene Certificate
Essential Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
* Previous experience of working as a carer
* Experience of Residential/day care or nursing home care at a senior level.
* Experience of working with elderly people.
* Some supervisory experience.
* Some understanding of Management.
* Good communication skills, written and verbal.
* Rota planning.
* Caring for older people.
* Assessing needs and care planning.
* Ability to take responsibility and prioritise .
Hours of work will be 40 per week. On site parking is available.
Covid-19: Subject to the ongoing situation it is essential that we continue recruiting safely. Therefore, interviews will be via video calls. All correspondence relating to this role will come direct through to Kathy Needham, via email or telephone