|Salary||SCCOG Band B starting salary £50,534 per annum||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
The South Yorkshire Community Rehabilitation Company Ltd is one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK providing a wide range of services to reduce reoffending and protect the public, working in partnership to make communities across South Yorkshire safer.
As Deputy Director, you will work to protect the public and reduce reoffending through imaginative and innovative leadership, along with close working arrangements with partners, providers and local and national stakeholders.Package description
Starting Salary: SCCOG Band B £50,534
Travel: extensively within South Yorkshire and regular out of area/national
Interviews will take place on 9th July 2019Main responsibilities
As a key member of the SYCRC Senior Leadership Team you will:
- Lead the delivery of the objectives of the annual business and equality plans;
- Have responsibility for operational performance to meet or exceed the contractual targets and achieve a reduction in reoffending rates;
- Lead the development and maintenance of key strategic partnerships;
- Lead the integration of Through the Gate Services, Post Release and Community Order Management;
- Take operational lead for a number of strategic portfolios across the north region and nationally; and
- Ensure organisational integrity in the delivery of quality services, the behaviour of staff and financial probity.
- Significant leadership and management experience in a similar service related role.
- Understanding of public protection.
- Financial management experience, including resource management and proven ability to achieve efficiencies.
- Proven ability to develop mature, productive relationships with internal and external service providers, key stakeholders and partners.
- Effective communicator and presenter.
- Strategic thinking, understanding policy and legal context, to make meaningful decisions in complex situations.
- Highly motivated and resilient.
The role of South Yorkshire CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with offenders both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk offenders and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - offenders, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 4 major towns: Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster. South Yorkshire CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.