|Location||Banbury, Oxfordshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£18000.00 - £21000.00 per annum + Work Life Balance||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Deputy Chef Manager - Care Home - Banbury - Up to £21K - Great Work life Balance
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a beautiful care home in centre of Banbury. The client is looking for a deputy chef manager who is passionate and enthusiastic, and in return they are offering a good work life balance and the chance to help lead a fun and also professional team.
Reporting to the Home Manage & Chef Manager, you will organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. This is an exciting time to be joining the home who provide residential, nursing and dementia care for up to 48 elderly residents
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
* Deputising for the Chef Manager, managing every aspect of catering within the location and delivering a quality catering service.
* Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
* Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
* To minimise waste when preparing meals and use equipment correctly.
Required knowledge & experience:
* Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
* Health & safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
* Proven chef and people management experience.
* Basic knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people.
* Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
* Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
* Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
* Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
In return my client offers:
* Sociable flexible working hours
* Preparing food from only fresh ingredients
* Free DBS
* Free uniform
* Shopping discounts
* Pension plan (2% employee, 3% employer contribution)
* Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
* Double time payment on select Bank Holidays
If you are interested in this role then APPLY NOW or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949 for more details or to discuss other opportunities.