|Salary||£29,000 - £32,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Are you a passionate Catering, Hospitality and Events professional with exceptional team management skills? If so – this is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career!
Imagine working in a highly prestigious boarding school based on stunning grounds just outside the village of Woldingham. This is a high profile independent school contract which will therefore provide you with the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills and develop within a growing business.
You will manage the day to day student feeding operation and the planning and set-up of events such as weddings, firework parties with street food and ‘silent cinema’ evenings within this amazing setting.
This position will suit an ambitious manager with a passion for innovation, who is skilled in food delivery, hospitality and events. We are looking for a passionate individual who is ‘hands on’ with a keen eye for detail.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
- Efficient management of the daily catering and hospitality services for students, ensuring quality fresh food and high standards of service delivery
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard
- Supervise teams to ensure an outstanding service is delivered, providing training or coaching as required
- Support the delivery of hospitality services including functions events and key events such as weddings
- Lead the organisation of high profile functions, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary
- Previous experience in a catering and hospitality management role
- Experience of managing a team within a prestigious environment
- Strong attention to detail and passionate about service development
- Confidence to lead, develop and engage teams
- Flexible to manage events and functions outside of normal working hours including evenings and weekends
- Self-motivated, pro-active, creative, enthusiastic and professional
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Strong adherence to Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and compliance
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.