Dementia Care Assistants
- Job Reference: 00046383-1
- Date Posted: 25 December 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Saint Neots, Cambridgeshire
- Salary: £21,840
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Contract, Permanent, Temporary
Dementia Care Assistants
£10.00 per hour £21, 840 p/a
Full and part time hours available (12 hour and 6 hour shifts available)
Do Competence, Choice and Compassion mean more than just words to you? Are you able to see a person and not their condition? If you answered yes, then our residents need you!
If caring comes naturally and you are looking for a rewarding career where you can really care and make a difference to our residents lives then a Care Assistant at The Marbrook Centre is the role for you.
We are looking for individuals with genuine kindness, empathy and the ability to step into the world of our residents, to share and enjoy those special moments together. Looking after those living with dementia can be challenging but is one of the most fulfilling and rewarding careers.
Everyone is different and we celebrate individuality. You will deliver the highest quality personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans with the dignity and respect they deserve. If you can offer a natural warmth and wish to make a difference to our residents lives then we would love to hear from you.
We welcome those with or without qualifications or previous care work experience. Whatever your background, with our training and support we can build on all your skills.
When we find people who share our values, we try to keep hold of them by nurturing and investing in them, supporting them to be the best that they can be and offer real progression and career development for those that want it.
Please note it is a mandatory requirement that you can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless you have medical exemption in line with government guidance.
This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity.
The Marbrook Centre is an award winning specialist neurological, dementia and stroke care services provider in St Neots, Cambridgeshire. We deliver specialist 24 hour nursing, therapy and care and support services for adults with complex and long term neurological conditions, which include multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease, stroke, traumatic brain injury and dementia.
We don’t just accept difference, we welcome it. No matter what your sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, gender identity, religion or any other characteristic, we welcome your application. As a team we actively celebrate, support and thrive on diversity for the benefit of our residents and staff, and we believe this creates an environment of empowerment and mutual respect and therefore excellence in care.
Some benefits of Working at The Marbrook Centre
* Highly competitive rates of pay
* Great holiday allowance – increases with long service
* Flexible working/rota
* Automatic pension
* Shopping, restaurant and entertainment discounts
* Free parking
* Free tea and coffee
* Free access to 24/7 Employee Support/Counselling
* Quick career progression opportunities
* First class specialist tailored training and induction
* Length of service rewards
* Regular management supervision and support
* Staff forums – to give you a voice to share your ideas
* Opportunity to achieve your Level 2 or 3 City & Guilds (NVQ) in Adult Care (care roles)
* Double pay for bank holidays
* Free meal provided on shift (care roles)
* Full time/Part time/Night/Bank* contracts available
Full time/part time/nights/bank* hours available
*For bank hours, care experience is required