- Job Reference: 00032681-1
- Date Posted: 24 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: London
- Salary: £45,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Agile Delivery Manager
Position type: Permanent
Location:Initially working at home, then London once Covid-19 restrictions ease. Travel may be also required to other locations in the UK
Main duties of the post
* Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of projects that our client is engaged with
* For controlling day to day activities of the team
* Responsible for monitoring spend, reporting progress and tracking team velocity
* Tracking risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies
* Responsible for clearing hurdles for the team to ensure that there is a clear path for development and delivery
* Ensuring successful collaboration within the team and within the wider project/programme
* Working with and engaging stakeholders with the delivery team
* Championing best practice methodologies across the team and each discipline
* Exemplifying positive customer focussed behaviour
* Responsible for acting as the assignment manager for the team on client site
Specialist skills required
Our client wants people with:
* A background in Agile Delivery across the whole lifecycle of technical projects/service development
* A strong experience in Agile scrum methodologies and delivering software in Agile teams
* A pragmatic approach to projects who can add to a clients’ needs
* Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken word with an ability to successfully engage with managers and stakeholders at all levels within a business
* Experience of supporting and developing people
* Self-awareness and high emotional Intelligence
Our clients are an independent software and technology consultancy who have clients in the public and private sector. They pride themselves on their ability to deliver exciting new digital services for their clients. They focus on understanding their client’s business and work with them to deliver change that makes their business more effective. Our client is able to support their clients with their strategy, technical design, user experience, software development and delivery into live service. Their multidisciplinary teams have the drive, talent and creativity to take strategies from inception all the way through to successful business adoption.
They operate as a flat organisation, and believe in trusting and supporting all of their team to operate independently, making the most of their expertise in their field. They believe in giving everyone an opportunity to continually learn and grow in the direction they choose, and actively help and support people to shape the career that they wish to have. Our client takes work-life balance seriously, enabling people to work flexibly where possible and strive to create a fun and relaxed working environment that allows the team to thrive.
Our client believes that diversity makes them a stronger company and they seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment – one in which their people develop and clients are served better.
Working with clients
Our client is looking for experienced Delivery Managers, who have delivered agile projects. You will need to be a great leader of people, able to motivate and engage people to deliver excellence for their customers. You will need to have experience of working with a wide variety of stakeholders and have experience of delivery projects from inception through to adoption.
You'll be expected to work with the whole team. This means working with developers, UX designers, senior managers, senior stakeholders - in fact anyone our clients need you to, to produce great digital products.
You will be responsible for helping develop the delivery management practice. This will involve attracting other delivery experts/talent to join the team and to contribute to bids for new work.
Our client wants to create digital services that their clients and their customers prefer to use over other channels, and the delivery practice is fundamental to that desire.
Our client is looking for people who have a background in critical thinking, enjoy tackling different problems in a structured way and are highly motivated self-starters. Their consultants should have great interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to deliver the best possible solutions for their clients.
Their team is their strongest asset, you will be an excellent team player who recognises the strength of the team as a whole and can find their role within the team.
The ideal candidates will share our clients values and be aligned with their ways of working and as your career progresses, you can expect to work across all areas of the development lifecycle, from strategy to implementation, and to take on assignments in different sectors. This will provide you with a broad base of experience from which to build an outstanding career.
Candidates should be open to working in different locations for different clients. Although most of the work is in London, candidates should be happy to travel as client needs dictate.
Package and benefits
* Competitive salary
* Generous discretionary bonus
* 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
* Flexibility to work from home
* Statutory & Contributory pension
* Gym Membership
* Annual Away days
* Bi weekly company socials
* Ongoing training