Defects Housing Advisor
- Job Reference: 00007258-1
- Date Posted: 20 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: London
- Salary: £32,000 to £35,000
- Sector: Real Estate & Property, Facilities Management, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has emerged for a Defects Housing Advisor to join one of Badenoch & Clark's leading Housing Provider clients on a full time (37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday) permanent contract.
This new hands-on role is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to join our client's talented Operations Team and be responsible for the management of their defects and assist with the aftercare service offered to residents.
In this role you will be required to:
* Work closely with colleagues and act as the main contact on defects, including monitoring and managing defects.
* Lead on escalated cases and work with developers to ensure their obligations within development agreements are adhered to.
* Provide technical advice and expertise on defect issues which occur in the properties and propose appropriate resolutions.
* Challenge developer aftercare teams where matters should be dealt with by the developer.
* Manage a caseload of disputed, complex or 'open' defects, liaising with colleagues, residents and developer aftercare teams to progress cases, provide regular updates and bring them to a timely and satisfactory conclusion.
* Review and continuously improve the organisation's defect management approach and processes, to ensure they are being identified and resolved effectively and residents are provided with the highest level of service regarding their defects.
* Use resident feedback to identify common issues and develop plans to meet their individual and neighbourhood needs, thus improving their satisfaction levels.
As this is a fast paced role, you will need to be highly organised, decisive, have empathy with residents and be a good team player. Candidates will ideally have experience in defects resolution, aftercare or repairs within a Social Housing or a Private background.
Due to Covid-19, you will begin this role working from home but when safe to do so will continue this role within our client's Central London office.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria need apply for this role.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://(url removed)/en-gb/candidate-privacy