If you are looking for a part time role that will allow you to put something back into the local community, then this is the job for you.
Joining an organisation whose mission is to cater for their vulnerable and non-vulnerable clients in Cardiff, you will be part of team that really is making a difference.
Delivering up to 30 meals from The Hub/Centre in Cardiff, to client's homes, supporting them with their general domestic tasks if required.
Offering an average of 12 hours per month, 3 hours per shift, this role would be perfect for someone who is looking for part time work over the weekend, with the possibility of covering the odd day in the week, if called upon.
As a DBS Van Driver, your duties will include:
- Delivering up to 30 meals per shift, to clients located in The CF Postcode
- Liaising with The Transport Department, to complete the routes that have been planned for each of your shifts
- Undertaking General Domestic Tasks when necessary i.e. pouring a glass of water for the client
- Keeping the vehicle clean and ensuring that you report Vehicles Defects to The Transport Department
- Ensuring that the Van is always filled with fuel
- Reporting all concerns that you have of client's wellbeing to Management and contacting Emergency Services if necessary
- Attending staff meetings in order to ensure good communication and development of the care of clients
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Enhanced DBS (Criminal Background Check) - This can be provided in The Blue Arrow - Cardiff Office, via our chip and pin machine at a cost of £40.00, or alternatively, can be paid for over the phone
- Clear DBS is Essential: - You can't be considered for this role with previous criminal convictions or unspent prosecutions
- Valid UK Driving Licence (No More than 3 Penalty Points on Driving Licence)
- Reasonable level of physical fitness, due to the number of clients that you will be visiting per shift
- It is essential that you are a caring person, always putting the comfort and welfare of clients first
- Good understanding of The Cardiff Area (CF Postcode)
Our client is looking for someone who can commit to weekend work, on an average of 12 hours per month.
There will be opportunities to cover for holidays as well, which will involve working the odd shift Mid-Week, at an Hourly Pay Rate of £9.18 per hour.
All weekend shifts will be paid at an Hourly Pay Rate of £13.77 per hour.
You will be employed by Blue Arrow, working on Weekly Pay. You will work one week in advance to payment and pay day is on every Friday.
Accumulating Holiday Pay as you work, you will be able to dictate when your holiday payment is processed.
Automatically, you will be enrolled into a pension scheme (optional).
In return we offer:
- Time and a Half Weekend Pay Rates of £13.77 per hour (you would predominantly be working shifts over the weekends)
- A Personally Rewarding Role, making a difference in the local community
- Easily accessible on public transport
- Blue Arrow Superstars Reward Scheme where you can win a voucher for being an Employee of the Month
If this sounds of an interest to you, please call Cameron at Blue Arrow - Cardiff, or alternatively, apply online and we will get back to you.