Database Administrator (DBA)
- Job Reference: 00085395-1
- Date Posted: 5 September 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Plymouth, Devon
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Database Administrator (DBA)
Location: Flexible Location - Hubs in Devonport, Rosyth or Portsmouth
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Permanent & Full time
Role ID: SF45526
The Database Administrator (DBA) role will be part of the new Core Applications Team and will report to the Head of DBA. The role will involve working within a well-established DBA team to support the existing database infrastructure including updates, patching, deployment, and monitoring, as well as project-based work to improve and enhance the database environments to sustain a secure and evergreen system.
Who we are looking for?
As a Database Administrator (DBA) you will be able to work within a team and be open to support and supporting others. You'll ideally have at least 3-5 years Database Administrator (DBA) experience and be interested in enhancing your existing skill set. You'll enjoy interacting and collaborating with other members of the team and enjoy working within a busy and changing environment. You'll be able to Install, configure, backup & recover, and refresh the database as well as monitoring database activity and resource usage, optimising database performances. Having working knowledge of IFS and Primavera P6 is desirable but not essential too.
What will you be doing?
* Installation, configuration, backup & recovery, and refresh of databases
* Monitoring database activity and resource usage and optimise database performance
* Document faults, implement resolutions and retests to agreed standards
* Maintenance of user accounts, permissions & auditing to ensure data security
* Support Core Applications to ensure high availability
The experience you'll bring
* Oracle Database Administration
* Oracle Backup and Recovery RMAN
* Oracle RAC, Data Guard, APEX
* Oracle forms and reports, Oracle Weblogic
* Oracle APEX, Oracle SQL, OEM
* Oracle VM, Oracle LINUX
* MS SQL Server Administration, SQL Server AOAG, SQL Server job scheduling
Excellent knowledge of Oracle 11g and above
Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2014 and above
Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Experience of Installing or supporting IFS or Primavera P6 Middleware applications would be useful but not essential
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.