- Job Reference: 00051851-1
- Date Posted: 21 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
Data scientists work to understand business problems and translate them into testable hypotheses for which analysis can be conducted. As a data scientist at Techmodal you will be working on a broad range of projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will be utilising cutting edge machine learning techniques and an analytical mindset to deliver insight to clients. Projects range from data exploration and visualisation, to integrating algorithms into software and developing data processing pipelines. You will be driven to explore new tools and techniques.
The successful candidate will have:
* A degree or equivalent practical experience in a relevant numerate discipline such as maths, physics, economics, engineering, or similar.
* Significant (3yrs +) experience of applying statistical and machine learning techniques to large, complex datasets to solve business challenges.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills including experience of stakeholder management
* Programming and data handling experience in Python or similar.
* Developed data science solutions to real world problems, from proof of concept to delivery.
* Experience of developing and deploying deep learning and neural network algorithms
* Working with unstructured data sources such as images, video and text
Experience with some of the below would be desirable:
* Working with Python application frameworks such as Django, Flask.
* Preparing / managing infrastructure with DevOps practices.
* Working with Agile project delivery methods.
* Experience of relational databases, e.g. SQL, Oracle.
* Defence industry experience.
* Experience using BI tools, such as PowerBI or Tableau.
* Experience of version control (git) and CI/CD development approaches
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote remote working, our consultants do sometimes travel to various client sites across the UK. We will cover all expenses whilst you are away and make sure you are well looked after.
Remote working during Covid-19
We are closely monitoring government guidelines during the pandemic to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff. At present most of our teams are working from home and only travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. All new starters joining the business will do so on a ‘temporary remote’ basis until it is safe to return to the office and our usual working practices
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
· Competitive Salary
· Performance related bonus scheme
· Contributory Pension
· 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
· Additional day off for your Birthday
· Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
· Private Health Insurance
· Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
· Option to join the BAE Share Incentive Plan
· Generous sick pay
· Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
· Cycle to work scheme
· Regular staff socials
· Free daily fruit in the office