The Data Science Developer role is firstly one of software developer but with a specialisation in data science and data visualisation. The developer will typically work as a member of a cross discipline team that would include other developers, analysts and testers.
The developer will be required to work on a variety of projects ranging in size from small R&D projects, proof of concepts, demonstrations to fully mature products.
The developer will take the lead when it comes to designing data models and visualisations and be prepared to mentor and inspire other developers with the techniques used.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging customer’s data in order to add value to products and services.
- Design, build, test and maintain data models and algorithms.
- Design effective data visualisations that add value for the end user.
- Grow the appreciation of data science and data visualisation within the company.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to achieve UK Security Clearance (SC)
- Strong programming experience especially in C#, .NET and Python.
- Experience with relational databases e.g. SQL Server.
- An understanding of data science, statistics and probability.
- Experience in developing machine learning models using either cloud services, C# or Python.
- Experience in developing reports and other data visualisations using a variety of technologies that could pull in data from a variety of sources.
- Experience in using a BI system such as Power BI, Tableau or similar.
- Able to work autonomously and be self-motivated, with a positive attitude and an adaptable approach.
- Able to communicate ideas effectively e.g. presentations, demonstrations and mentoring other developers and testers.
Desirable Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- A higher education qualification in Computing, Computer Science, Data Science or similar
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a “full stack” development environment
- Agile, Lean and/or Six Sigma experience
- Warehousing and ETL
- Microsoft MVC
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- No SQL databases
- Azure – machine learning services
- C# - ML.NET
- Python – Numpy, Pandas, Sklearn, Tensorflow
- Experience in using other framework tools e.g. Graph QL
- Experience of working on defence-related projects