|Salary||£26350 - £35650 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
Here at Thames Water we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers by managing their personal data to the highest standards; this comes in various forms from providing advice to our colleagues, dealing with customer and employee data requests and monitoring compliance.
This is an exciting chance to join a high-profile team in a varied role, which will give you exposure to all areas of the business as well as the opportunity to engage directly with senior management on important issues to the company and its customers.
Your duties will include:
- Responding to environmental and personal data requests; ensuring requests are actioned within regulatory timescales and any exemptions from the regulations are applied where appropriate.
- Communicating with our customers and employees verbally and in writing about data protection matters.
- Investigating data protection incidents and ensuring appropriate remediation action is taken to mitigate risk.
- Recording data protection requests and ensuring any internal decisions are fully documented.
- Produce and maintain procedural documents to demonstrate governance.
- Produce regular reports and share insight with stakeholders to drive improvements.
- Support compliance investigations, by examining the end-to-end journey and providing recommendations to improve service and compliance.
- Engaging with senior stakeholders to escalate serious matters that require immediate attention.
- Holding awareness sessions to build a strong privacy culture.
- Providing data protection advice and guidance across the business.
Previous experience in a Legal/Compliance/Privacy function. You will need to be able to interpret and communicate regulations in a clear, straightforward way.
You would have worked in a compliance related role, ideally data protection and have experience in planning, collating and redacting data, you would have been working on investigations and root cause analysis.
Multi-tasking and managing numerous deadlines by collaborating with a range of employees within other departments.
You will be able to work under pressure to fulfil tight deadlines, and remain focused whilst undertaking complex tasks.
You will be able to engage and influencing senior stakeholders to understand the importance of data protection matters.
You will be A-level educated.
Other skills include you having knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, PDF. Knowledge of corporate systems will be advantageous.
Whats in it for you?
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.