ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our client are a global consultancy focused on industries within natural resources. They provide data, intelligence and consultancy to a varied client base. Globally, they have over 500 employees and a client base of more than 2,000 customers. They are going through a period of expansion and as a result, are recruiting for a data engineer to join their team in Edinburgh.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The data engineer will contribute to the technology strategy in order to deliver the best possible software for customers. You will build a data platform to ingest, process and publish the data, both internally and externally. The ultimate objective of this team is to move from manual processes to fully automated data pipelines. You will be working as part of a Scrum team on one or multiple projects. Regularly you will build and contribute to the data architecture for new systems, based on architectural blueprints with performance, scalability and maintenance in mind. Along with your own projects, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to best practices and standards within the data space as well as the resolution of any technical issues blocking progress.
To be considered for the role, you should have:
- Experience of automating data ingestion, cleansing and publishing
- Proven experience of working with Relational and NoSQL Database systems
- Proven experience of building scalable APIs to deliver both data and content
- Understanding of continuous delivery and approaches to continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of security and performance concerns
- Excellent problem solving, and analysis skills coupled with great communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- A strong attention to detail
- Commitment to excellence and meeting high quality standards expected by our clients
- Experience in working in different delivery methodologies and an understanding of their benefits/constraints
In addition, you should be adept at quickly forming strong working relationships with those you work with. You must be able to articulate your ideas effectively and strive to constantly improve deliverables.
Depending on your level of experience, a data engineer could attract a salary between £35,000 – £60,000. In addition, our client offers a range of benefits including discretionary bonus, generous pension provision, medical cover and life assurance as well as 25 days’ annual leave + public holidays. Our client also have a big focus on employee upskilling and extensive programmes to support employee’s career progression. They are keen to recruit more Armed Forces personnel into their teams, having had success employing Veterans within their strategic leadership teams.
For more information on this role, get in touch with us. Alternatively, send us your CV and we’ll set up a confidential discussion with you.