Customer Service Agent
|Job Title:||Customer Service Agent|
|Salary:||£17000 - £23000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2019 13:23|
In this role, you’ll be at the heart of that, helping customers who contact us through a variety of channels about their bills, meters and service-related enquiries. This could be via phone, email, letter or social media.
As an agent of the future, you will be expected to deliver great customer outcomes at the first point of contact.
If you have a willingness to learn, we can teach you the rest!
This means you could be answering an incoming call, speaking to another department to get some extra detail to resolve your customers query, making an outbound call back to a customer or writing a customer a letter or email. There is a lot of variety in this job and no two days will be the same.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- We are really open-minded about your past experience, but you must be a motivated person with a positive approach and a passion to get it right first time for each customer.
- Experience in dealing with high volumes of calls would be a bonus.
- Experience of writing to customers, but this is not essential. It’s all about the right attitude for us.
- Curious in understanding customer needs and tenacious in doing what needs to be done to achieve the right outcome for each customer.
- Proactive and a self-learner who constantly looks to improve and deliver for each customer.
- You will take ownership of the customer’s issue, being curious to fully understand the query and identify the best solution to resolve it first time so that the customer never has to call or email us back.
- Being able to demonstrate passion about everything we do and giving a great service to our customers.
- A strong preference for drinking tap water over bottled and commitment to not flush wet wipes down the toilet would also help your chances!
Our customer service centre is a fun, fast paced environment where you will be working with like-minded people who really want to make a difference to our customers.
You will have mentors and a supportive management team that will help you shine, with team huddles and rewards such as star of the week and employee of the month, as well as the opportunity to get involved in team building activities such as our annual raft race for Wateraid and our Pantomime!
We promise to keep reviewing your training plan with you on a monthly basis, to ensure you are getting the training and development you need.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Swindon, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times. We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£9.83 - £21.00 per hour, Benefits: Bonus available FREE parking
Customer Service Assistant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Customer Service Advisor
£17500 per annum
Customer Service Co-ordinator
Customer Service Advisor
Salary Depending on Experience