|Salary||£10.12 per hour||Sector||Call Centre & Customer Service|
Pay Rate: £10.12ph - Potential performance based pay rise after 6 months
Contract Term: Temporary – Minimum 6 month contract – Permanent prospects are high
Working Times: Shifts variable between Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm & 1 in 5 Saturday’s 9am - 1pm
- Full paid training
- Competitive pay rate/Pay progression
- Overtime and bonus incentives
- Instant access to Blue Arrows online training portal
- Instant access to online retail discounts
- Annual Bonus
If you have a passion for people and can build lasting relationships with customers, then why not become part of a values-led organisation that is renowned for putting customers at the heart of everything it does.
Working as a Customer Service Representative (Call Handler) for this leading banking brand you will receive a competitive income, structured hours, excellent temporary to permanent prospects and performance based pay rewards.
As a natural people person who is great at talking, enjoys helping and generally likes to make a difference to someone’s day you will excel in your new role responding to a range of telephone and digital enquiries alongside completing various admin based tasks.
You do not need any formal qualifications to be a Customer Service Advisor (also known as a Customer Service Representative or Call Handler), your natural people skills and confidence in your own judgement is much more important in a role like this as is a good knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, and Excel and an excellent telephone manner.
Working in a small team of 8-10 people and reporting to the Team Manager, your working day involves responding to a range of queries that customers may raise, carrying out complex clerical and technical support for customers and colleagues, as well as providing coaching support to less experienced team members.
Variety is the key to keeping any role interesting so it is good to know that your role as a Customer Service Advisor is diverse with an array of queries and support requests coming in keeping your days varied and you busy.
A strong background in customer service, telephone support or call handling is advantageous but if you're used to dealing with customers whether it is face-to-face or over the phone in any capacity then you have the potential to become an exceptional Customer Service Advisor. You will be well looked after with this fantastic employer who is committed to supporting you through excellent in-house training and personal support teaching you everything you need to know.
Finding the right balance between your work and your lifestyle is really important but we know it is not always easy, that is why we want to draw special attention to the shift patterns available for this role. The shift pattern covers Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm with 1 in 5 Saturday morning shifts working 9am - 1pm. If you are interested in this role but are concerned about your availability reach out and talk to us.
- Complete telephony, digital and admin-based tasks to service banking customer and colleague queries.
- Take ownership of problems, solving them at first point of contact and escalate when required.
- Build long lasting professional relationships with peers to clarify facts, exchange information and assist each other in resolving enquiries.
- Handle customer data ethically and in accordance with the FSA requirements.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the banking group by identifying and taking ownership of opportunities for improvement to the processes you use, the services you will provide and the values you can add.
- Demonstrate consistently the banking groups values and behaviours.
- Take ownership of personal development and training, through regular review of performance against business objectives, and take responsibility for self-development.
- Support the wider team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met.
- Personally, contribute to an environment where colleagues want to work and where customers feel valued.
- Carry out a range of processing tasks and handling of customer calls ensuring relevant productivity and quality measures are achieved for customers in line with specified process and procedures.
- Contribute to the completion of the team’s workload and where required verify and check the work of other colleagues.
- Excellent communication - oral and written.
- Embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Continuous improvement mind set.
- Take ownership of customer requests.
- Maintain operational accuracy.
- Ability to make good decisions for customers using sound judgement – understanding customer, colleague and business impact.
- A keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of the banking brands end to end goals.
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Motivated team player.
- Previous customer service, call handling or telephone support experience.