|Salary||£9 per annum||Sector||Call Centre & Customer Service|
Job Title: Customer Service Advisor
Location: Ettrick House, 37 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9EB
Pay Rate: £9.00ph - Potential performance based pay rise after 6 months Contract Term: Temporary – Minimum 6 month contract – Permanent prospects are high Working Times: Shifts Available
· Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm
· Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm
· Full paid training
· Competitive pay rate/Pay progression
· Overtime and bonus incentives
· Instant access to Blue Arrows online training portal
· Instant access to online retail discounts
· Annual Bonus
One of the largest digital banks in the UK is on a journey to ensure they can support the customers of today and tomorrow by shaping the future of their industry. You can join them now as a Customer Service Advisor and help to shape how customers are supported for years to come.
This Customer Service Advisor opportunity is a weekday job that provides a competitive pay rate, regular office hours, excellent temporary to permanent prospects and performance based pay rewards.
So, if you are a natural people person who is great at talking, enjoys helping and generally likes to make a difference to someone’s day then joining a business banking team and responding to a range of enquiries as a Customer Service Advisor (Business Advisor) is perfect for you.
You do not need any formal qualifications to be a Customer Service Advisor, your natural people skills are much more important in a role like this so just a good knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Excel and familiarity with using the internet and an excellent telephone manner will make you a great fit for this position.
Working in a small team of 8-10 people and reporting to the Team Manager, your working day will involve responding to a range of queries and issues that business banking customers may raise. By clarifying the customers’ requirements, processing the request and resolving the enquiry, you will be helping this banking brand to achieve their vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
Variety is the key to keeping any role interesting so it is good to know that your role as a Customer Service Advisor will be diverse but with a customer satisfaction focus. With work being allocated and monitored on a daily to weekly timeframe you can feel like you have done a thorough and well executed job every time.
A strong background in customer service, telephone support or call handling will be advantageous but if you're used to dealing with customers whether it is face-to-face or over the phone in any capacity then you have the potential to become an exceptional Customer Service Advisor. You will be well looked after with this fantastic employer who is committed to supporting you through excellent in-house training and personal support teaching you everything you need to know.
Finding the right balance between your work and your lifestyle is really important but we know it is not always easy, that is why we want to draw special attention to the two slightly different shift patterns available for this role. One shift begins at 8am and one begins at 9am Monday to Friday, both shifts finish at 4pm. It is great if you are available for any of these shifts but, if you need to make sure your job can fit around your personal life then starting that hour later in the morning could make all the difference.
Your place of work will be in the EH12 area of Edinburgh. The location is supported by great transport links so getting to work is easy via public transport with the added bonus of an onsite staff car park for those who drive.
The workplace benefits from an onsite canteen featuring a Starbucks and communal breakout areas for all staff to use.
If you are looking to the future, then it is good to know that career progression prospects are high with this employer. They have been supporting customers, colleagues, communities and businesses in the UK for over 320 years and are renowned for taking high performing staff on into permanent roles.
The recruitment process starts with CV selection, but the entire process can take a couple of weeks as you will expect. It is important that customers know that the people handling calls, enquiries and account administration duties can be trusted with sensitive and personal data and so a vetting process for candidates is in place. Part of this is ensuring that candidates have a clear credit and criminal record. Once you have passed this vetting process you have the chance to join the team and get started providing a professional and helpful service every time, for this bank’s amazing customers.
· Complete telephony, digital and admin-based tasks to service business banking customer queries
· Take ownership of business customer problems, solving them at first point of contact and escalate when required.
· Build long lasting professional relationships with peers to clarify facts, exchange information and assist each other in resolving enquiries.
· Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with the FSA requirements.
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of the banking group by identifying and taking ownership of opportunities for improvement to the processes you use, the services you will provide and the values you can add.
· Demonstrate consistently the banking groups values and behaviours.
· Take ownership of personal development and training, through regular review of performance against business objectives, and take responsibility for self-development.
· Support the wider team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met.
· Personally, contribute to an environment where colleagues want to work and customers feel valued.
· Carry out a range of processing tasks and handling of business customer calls ensuring relevant productivity and quality measures are achieved for customers in line with specified process and procedures.
· Contribute to the completion of the team’s workload and where required verify and check the work of other colleagues.
· Excellent communication - oral and written.
· Embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and knowledge.
· Continuous improvement mind set.
· A keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of the banking brands end to end goals.
· Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas.
· Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
· Positive and approachable manner.
· Motivated team player.
· Previous customer service, call handling or telephone support experience.
· Clear credit history & clear criminal record.
As a Customer Service Advisor for this banking brand you will benefit from the support that helps you take ownership of your own personal development and training.
There are a number of available positions so this role will be advertised constantly for the next few months providing plenty of opportunities for the right people to land an excellent job with an excellent company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.