|Salary||£10.12 per hour||Sector||Call Centre & Customer Service|
Do you want to work for a large well known UK retail banking brand?
If so then we may have the perfect opportunity for you as a Customer Service Advisor. This role would be joining a friendly contact team managing inbound customer queries relating to accounts and products.
If you are great at talking to people and recognise and appreciate excellent customer service then this role would be a great fit for you.
There are no fixed requirements to be a Customer Service Advisor. A good knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Excel and familiarity with using the web would be great. Your individual qualities and the ability to use empathy and listening skills to get outstanding outcomes for the customer is much more important.
Some customer service experience would be helpful but it doesn't even have to be from a call centre background. If you're used to dealing with customers face-to-face then you have the potential to become an exceptional Customer Service Advisor by phone.
The contact centre is located in the South Gyle region of Edinburgh. It is easily reached via public transport and there is an onsite staff car park for those who drive.
If you are looking to the future then it is good to know that career progression prospects are high with this banking group, they are a fantastic employer who have been supporting customers, communities and businesses in the UK for over 320 years.
The recruitment process takes a couple of weeks as you would expect. It is important that customers know that the people handling calls and enquiries can be trusted with sensitive and personal data and so a vetting process for candidates is in place. Part of this is ensuring that candidates have a clear credit and criminal record. Once you have passed this vetting process you have the chance to join the team and get started taking calls from a wide range of people, helping them resolve their queries; from setting up standing orders, checking balances, or transferring funds you will be ready to provide a professional and helpful service every time.
Role Focused Skills
- Complete telephony, digital and admin-based tasks to service customer queries
- Taking new customers through the process of setting up business banking accounts. Calls generally between 30 to 40 minutes asking complex questions to establish required information.
- Inbound calls and outbound calls to obtain further information from customers if needed
- Taking information from the customer and ensuring it meets all required criteria (Eg: Anti Money Laundering)
- Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with the FSA requirements
- Assisting the customers with any enquiries and making follow up calls with the customers (no cold calls/sales calls)
- Drafting/responding to customer emails
- Demonstrate consistently the company’s values and behaviours
- Take ownership of personal development and training, through regular review of performance against business objectives, and take responsibility for self-development
- Support the banking group’s wider team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met
- Personally contribute to an environment where colleagues want to work and customers feel valued
- Carry out a range of processing tasks and handling of customer calls ensuring relevant productivity and quality measures are achieved for customers in line with specified process and procedures
- Provide a high quality service to customers comprising of handling inbound calls and undertaking a range of processing tasks. This will be achieved as part of a flexible model to support the business in meeting customer demands within agreed service levels.
- Excellent communication - oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Continuous improvement mind set
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player
- Previous customer service experience
- Clear credit history & Clear criminal record
Location: South Gyle EH12 9DB
Pay Rate: £10.12ph
Contract Term: Temporary (6 months)
Working Times: Monday to Friday 9-5pm
Benefits: Full 4-6 weeks of paid training
- Competitive pay rate/Pay progression
- Overtime and bonus incentives
- Instant access to Blue Arrows online training portal
- Instant access to online retail discounts
- Annual Bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.