Customer Risk Analyst
|Job Title:||Customer Risk Analyst|
|Salary:||£23000 - £31000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 16:29|
Thames Water’s vast hydraulic network delivers 2.7 billion litres of water per day to 10 million customers across London and the Thames Valley. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team at the heart of our Operations Control Centre, where you will develop the necessary skills to understand and mitigate all risks related to the Clean Water System.
It is the responsibility of the Customer Risk Analyst to build and draft strategies that resolve operational problems within the Clean Water System. The role requires uncompromising attention to detail and an enduring commitment to our regulatory Health and Safety, Water Quality, Customer Supply & Leakage targets.
The candidate will ensure that all planned activities on the hydraulic system are carried out in a safe and responsible way. This is achieved by devising smart risk assessments which use data to drive best operating practices during repair, maintenance and capital projects.
The team are also a key stakeholder in the delivery of continuously improving levels of service to our customers. Parallel to the network risk assessment, the challenge of the Customer Risk Analyst is to propose ways of working that minimises water supply interruptions. This could involve the controlled operation of assets within the network itself, or the deployment of technologies to keep customers in supply.
- Interrogate data from corporate information systems to assess and develop solutions to complex problems.
- Timely completion of system risk assessments for all planned leakage and network maintenance works.
- Develop plans that minimise customer supply interruptions, supporting regulatory targets and reductions in customer complaints.
- Support inflight planned and reactive network activities.
- Gatekeep information and distribute to relevant stakeholders in an accurate manner.
- Provide specialist technical support to the wider business in relation to Clean Water System risks.
- Ensure Water Quality compliance is always adhered to.
- Follow and comply with company Health & Safety procedures, auditing practices and record keeping.
- Perform root-cause analysis and propose strategies to prevent future failures/ non-compliance.
- Mentor and develop the team and other Thames Water colleagues.
- Deliver ad-hoc reports and information requests accurately and to required timescales.
- Support the System Optimisation team in facilitating engineering and customer led projects.
- Ensure all network operations follow current Asset Management procedures.
- Support improvements of defined business processes and lead innovative new ways of working.
- The ideal candidate will hold relevant experience in the water industry or is educated at degree level in a suitable STEM discipline, or equivalent.
- A working knowledge of hydraulic modelling, SCADA telemetry systems, GIS mapping systems, SAP & other corporate IT systems such as Microsoft Office 365 is preferred, but not mandatory.
- A Customer Risk Analyst must possess a growth mindset, with strong analytical, problem solving & negotiating skills.
- Teamworking is at the core of this role, as is the ability to work under pressure to meet demanding targets.
- Good communication and leadership skills are essential, due to the level of engagement with different stakeholders throughout the business.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate an extreme willingness to learn and work hard to drive their technical knowledge and professional goals within Thames Water.
- Full driving licence and own transport is desirable, though not compulsory.
- Work as part of the wider Water Control team, delivering a 24/7 service to our customers.
- Maintain continuous business awareness.
This role and its responsibilities are critically important to the company at a time where the water industry faces unprecedented challenges from a Customer Service and Leakage perspective. Consequently, it is a fundamental part of Operations at Thames Water.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a minimum of 24 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 28 days depending on grade and length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's