Customer Income Advisor
- Job Reference: 00055383-1
- Date Posted: 13 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Scarborough, Yorkshire
- Salary: £24,076 to £26,407
- Sector: Call Centre / Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
Customer Income Advisor
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Two exciting opportunities have arisen within the Income Management team. This team oversees all income collection for our customers whilst providing a holistic service to help them with any issues they have with their income and benefits.
The role is pivotal in assisting in the provision of an efficient, effective welfare benefit and housing debt recovery service, maximising income and reducing debt levels of all current customers through the promotion of a ‘rent first’ culture.
You will be helping to increase customer’s income, decrease outgoings through early intervention based on needs to help them sustain their tenancy.
You will need to demonstrate amongst other things that you can:
* Be responsible and accountable for your own caseload
* Carry out affordability checks for new customers
* Take appropriate recovery action
* Attend evictions.
* Maximise income – using your benefits knowledge
* Support vulnerable customers.
Due to COVID-19, many Beyond Housing colleagues are staying safe and working from home if their role allows for it - as a you will also have the opportunity to do this. Once it is safe for colleagues to return to the office you will still have the flexibility to work from both the office and/or home as we support agile working. We understand how important your work environment is when joining a new company, so we will work with you to ensure your work setting is suitable for you..
Please contact Kate Wilkinson on (phone number removed) (Scarborough) or Terri Saunders on (phone number removed) (Redcar) for an informal discussion about the role.
We currently have two vacancies, one based in Scarborough and one based in Redcar.
We are not working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy. Closing date for applications is Monday 10 January 2022.
Who is Beyond Housing?
Our story began in 2018 and we’d like you to be part of our future. With over 700 colleagues forming the Beyond Housing family, we cover 411 square miles with more than 15,000 homes, serving 30,000 customers. Our mission is simple; to provide homes customers want, services they value, delivered by people who care. We want to help our customers and communities to succeed and thrive. Considerate, collaborative, ambitious and accountable – that’s just our way of life.
Our offices are more than just the space we work in. We encourage inspiration, creativity and productivity in a relaxed and comfortable environment. We’re looking for people who are travelling in the same direction when it comes to the way we work, live our values and deliver our services. Our reward and recognition offer is pretty impressive too!
We have ambitious plans for further growth and impact, and we need the right people to take this leap with us. It may be challenging at times, but you can be assured that it is going to be rewarding and inspiring. After all, we are changing lives, every day, in all that we do.
Our values and extremely important to us and we want all our colleagues to really live our values everyday, we are looking for candidates who show they have the skills to do the role and are aligned to our values.
At Beyond Housing, we are committed to ensuring that all applicants are treated fairly throughout our recruitment and selection processes and are not discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Why choose us?
The team here at Beyond Housing genuinely care about the work we do to transform the lives of our customers. We think this is a pretty big reason to love your career at Beyond Housing, and that’s why our benefits package shows Beyond Housing genuinely cares about its teams too.
Our people are our best asset, so we want to make sure your wellbeing is the best it can be. Our responsibilities as an employer extend beyond the workplace, we want to make sure we can help and support you when you need it most.
So here goes:
* Flexible working patterns to suit your commitments
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Impressive salaries with incremental pay increases for most colleagues
* Competitive pension scheme with generous employer contributions
* Life assurance to look after your loved ones
* Health plan
* A much needed caffeine boost with free tea and coffee (and cordial for when you’re feeling parched)
* Cycle to work scheme (if you’ve got the legs for it)
* Annual cost of living pay rise
* Agile working – to give you that positive work life balance.
* Rather not work the normal 9 - 5? If you have a working pattern that you would prefer, please discuss this with us and we might be able to support