Location: Teviot House, 41 S Gyle Cres, Edinburgh EH12 9ZA
Pay Rate: £10.12ph - Potential performance based pay rise after 6 months
Contract Term: Temporary - Minimum 6 month contract - Permanent prospects are high
Working Times: Monday to Friday core hours 9am - 5pm - 35 hours per week
Full paid 5 week training
Competitive pay rate/Pay progression
Overtime and bonus incentives
Instant access to Blue Arrows online training portal
Instant access to online retail discounts
Are you looking for weekday job that provides a stable income, office hours, excellent temporary to permanent prospects and performance based pay rewards?
Whatever you are looking for, this Customer Advisor opportunity within the Business Banking division of Lloyds Banking Group has it all.
You do not need any formal qualifications to be a Customer Advisor, your natural people skills and desire to go over and above to help are much more important in a role like this so just a good knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Excel and familiarity with using the internet and an excellent telephone manner will make you a great fit for this position.
Working in a small team of 8-10 people and reporting to the Team Manager, your working day will involve spending a large amount of time on the telephone or on the digital platform taking new customers through their applications for new business banking accounts, asking complex questions and keying the information into the system. There are no cold sales calls associated with this role, all of your time will be dedicated to providing the very best customer service experience to new customers throughout their application process.
A strong background in customer service, telephone support or call handling is advantageous but if you're used to dealing with customers whether it is face-to-face or over the phone in any capacity then you have the potential to become an exceptional Customer Advisor. You will be well looked after, Lloyds Banking Group is a fantastic employer who is committed to supporting you through excellent in-house training and personal support, teaching you everything you need to know to settle into your role quickly.
Your place of work will be Lloyds Banking Group, Teviot House in the EH12 area of Edinburgh. The location is supported by great transport links so getting to work is easy via public transport with the added bonus of an onsite staff car park for those who drive. The workplace benefits from an onsite canteen featuring a Starbucks and communal breakout areas for all staff to use.
If you are looking to the future, then it is good to know that career progression prospects are high with Lloyds Banking Group. They have been supporting customers, colleagues, communities and businesses in the UK for over 320 years and are renowned for taking high performing staff on into permanent roles.
The recruitment process is conducted via a 30 minute competency based interview. It is important that customers know that the people handling calls, enquiries and account administration duties can be trusted with sensitive and personal data and so a vetting process for candidates is in place. Part of this is ensuring that candidates have a clear credit and criminal record. Once you have passed this vetting process you have the chance to join the team and get started providing a professional and helpful service every time, for this bank's amazing customers.
- Telephony based role with administrative duties focussing on providing exceptional customer service.
- Taking new customers through applications for new business banking accounts.
- Blended role as this process can be over the telephone or over the online digital platform.
- Each application usually takes between 30-40 mins.
- Asking complex questions i.e. general info and probing to find further information where needed and entering the provided data in to the system.
- Inbound calls and outbound calls to obtain more information from customers.
- Handling inbound calls from new business banking customers.
- Taking information from the customer and ensuring it meets all required criteria. (Anti Money Laundering)
- Assisting customers from the initial call through to successfully setting up their new business banking account/treasury account on the system.
- Assisting the customers with any enquiries and making follow up calls where needed (no cold calls/sales calls).
- Drafting/responding to customer emails.
- Excellent communication - oral and written.
- Customer experience focused.
- Embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Continuous improvement mind set.
- A keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of Lloyds Banking Group's end to end goals.
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Team player.
- Clear credit history & clear criminal record.
There are a number of available positions so this role will be advertised constantly for the next few months providing plenty of opportunities for the right people to land an excellent job with an excellent company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.