Custody Office Administrator
|Job Title:||Custody Office Administrator|
|Salary:||£18,442- £19,942 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-05-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2019 11:57|
HMP Addiewell are currently recruiting for 2 Custody Office Administrators.
You will perform a varied combination of Prisoner Administration duties to ensure the smooth running of the Administration office.
HM Prison Addiewell is a high security prison, with a focus on enabling those in its care to change their life pathway. We have a strong and concerted focus on supporting prisoners to address their offending behaviour through delivery of programmes and working with a range of professionals including prison custody officers. We deliver relevant skills via training and employment and work with all areas of the wider community to ensure that prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release.
We have an effective prisoner peer support model, in which prisoners assist staff in the delivery of classes, programmes and activities becoming positive role models for others.
Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise for our innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as our “can do” culture.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
Excellent benefits (including free meals and parking, group discount schemes and pension with 28 days holiday)
37.5 hours a week - Three Week cycle consisting off two weeks of day shift, and one week of late shifts.
Salary starting at £18,442 rising to £19,942 upon completion of training and probation.Main responsibilities
- Responsible for the calculation of release dates and fine payments, sentence calculations, including liberation and parole qualifying dates.
- Checking validity of Prisoners warrants
- Ensuring compliance with court instructions for production of prisoners and communicate these requirements to all parties concerned
- Dealing with Police and Court productions.
- Recording all cases where the courts instruct liberation of Prisoners, ensuring that all necessary steps are taken to comply with such instructions.
- Maintaining and processing documents to be served on Prisoners.
- Maintaining and manage communication with the parole department, lifer tribunal and Risk Management Authority processes in line with the Parole Board for Scotland and other requirements.
- Ensuring secure storage of Prisoners’ records and warrants, including efficient archive and retrieval systems.
- Liaising with the escort contractor to ensure daily movement for external appointments.
- Multi agency working, liaising with external and internal partners and agencies ensuring accurate sharing of information.
- Proven administration experience
- IT and numeracy literate
- Understanding of the Scottish Court System.
- Participate in training as required in order to keep up to date with all mandatory and refresher training.
- Promote, understand and ensure compliance with all Policies and Procedures
- Have the Scottish Prison Service Intermediate Warrants and Sentence Calculations certificate
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's