|Salary||£28000 - £35000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
We are seeking an electrical technician to ensure that all equipment at our pumping stations are running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
- To inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair electrical & mechanical plant equipment.
- Working on will be various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD’s, automatic valves and penstocks, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
- Provide technical advice, making reference to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
- You will investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process. This may involve investigating and diagnosing complex faults and carrying out repairs during incidents.
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours’ standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment.
- Be a time served apprentice within significant experience of electrical systems ideally working in a “true multi-skilled” capacity.
- Having previous experience in an electrical apprenticeship, with an 18th Edition qualification is essential.
- ONC/HNC in engineering, NVQ or C&G level 3 in mechanical engineering with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ2/3 would also be beneficial although not essential.
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues are crucial.
- Physically fit as you will work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training. .
- A valid driving licence is essential.
- Working at our largest sewage treatment works, you will be presented with unique challenges on a daily basis.
- You will gain experience on a wide range of plants and equipment.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced electrical maintenance technician to join the UK’s largest water company and join the operations team, working across the East London area.