Credit Controller - Credit Specialist
The Credit Controller will be responsible for the continual review of credit to facilitate profitable sales growth by working closely with business partners and customers. This is an exciting new role where you will have the opportunity to forge relationships internally and externally and make key decisions on customer credit utilizing your excellent investigative skills.
If you enjoy a challenge and want a role where your contribution to the business is clear then this is the role for you.
• Independently assess and be accountable to make real time decisions in often "grey areas" and take appropriate actions on release or hold status of customer accounts or individual orders based on analysis of economic conditions, customer's payment trending, credit reports and risk vs. sales growth.
• Reviewing and verifying credit worthiness for all net new, assign appropriate credit, identify and report out any fraudulent applicants.
• Investigating reason behind customer and/or order blocks, and independently take appropriate timely action.
• Monthly analysis of risk assessment through a variety of reporting tools, to proactively adjust customer credit and risk profiles to mitigate any potential losses.
• Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to credit, collections and reporting
• Creating and maintaining Customer Master Data for the business units based on information provided by the business and or Customer, verifying that the appropriate information is supplied for input into the Business System
The Ideal Person:
• Significant experience in a similar role
• Face to face and telephone experience interaction with customers
• Dealing with high value customers
• Internal relationship building experience
• Finance background (ideally credit control)
• Intermediate excel ability
• Confident in decision making
• Ability to hit targets and work in fast paced environment
• Able to build relationships internally and externally
What you'll get in return
The chance to join a multinational organisation with ambitious growth plans and one where team members truly matter. Our people focus incudes engagement, development opportunities and career path, diversity and the ability to influence.
As one of our employees, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a variety of benefits, including 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), free car parking, defined contribution pension scheme and employee discounts on products and retailers.
Cromwell, Fabory, Grainger Global Online and Zoro Tools Europe are subsidiaries of W.W. Grainger, a U.S. Fortune 500 industrial supplies business. Cromwell has been established for over 50 years and is a supplier of maintenance, repair and operations type products, offering an unrivalled choice of products to all industries, professions and trades.