|Job Title:||Credit Controller|
|Salary:||£22000 - £25000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Michelle Laight|
|Job Published:||June 20, 2019 14:35|
The Credit Controller is responsible for optimising the mix of group sales and bad debt losses. As well as the reduction in bad debt provision and bad debt write offs to or better than budget levels. You will be responsible for ensuring appropriate credit limits are maintained as well as providing excellent customer service and actively demonstrating the companies vision and values.
Credit Controller Core Duties:
• Responsible for the Credit Control of several regions.
• Complying with the credit control policies and procedures.
• Chasing debt, collecting and allocating funds.
• Manage credit problems of both a short-term and long-term nature.
• Ensuring the group does not take undue financial risks or non-commercial decisions.
• Ensuring that potential debts are addressed quickly
• Covering for other members of the credit control team.
• Maintaining regular telephone discussions with the stakeholders and the Regional Managers where there is overdue debt, applying escalation procedures as required.
• Agreed actions must be documented in writing, which must include notes on the account
• Promoting the use of the direct debit method of payment.
• Liaising with Loss Prevention Managers regarding charges levied for buying out of the supply chain.
• Attending offsite meetings with occasional overnight stays.
The successful Credit Controller must be able to demonstrate the following
• Compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
• Ability to drive best possible balance between credit risk and the business bottom line.
• Excellent people and communication skills.
• Making supply/stop decisions.
• Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, graphs, etc.).
• Ability to handle internal and external pressures from all angles.
• Knowledge of credit related law
• Demonstrate group vision and values.
• Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Navision and CRM preferred.
• Strong numerical and analytic skills.
If you think you have the skills and experience that my client is looking for then please email your CV to email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's