|Job Title:||Credit Controller|
|Salary:||£10.80 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-04-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joe Meehan|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2019 15:23|
Pertemps are currently recruiting on behalf of a well-established business based in central Birmingham who are looking for an experienced temporary credit controller.
The ideal candidate You will be responsible for managing, coordinating and maximising the collection of debt in a timely manner, minimising the risk of non-payment, whilst building relationships and upholding a high professional standard.
Working hours: Monday-Friday
Start date: ASAP
Location: Birmingham City Centre
- Contact customers regularly and systematically to encourage full and on-time payment of accounts
- Liaison with internal customers to ensure involvement in resolution of any unpaid debt and full visibility
- Log and resolve internal and external customer enquiries
- Setting up new accounts and assists in the credit vetting process
- Daily production of the Aged Debtors report
- Review all aged debt with liaison with both the business and credit control team to ensure relationship are maintained
- Aged Debtors report to be reviewed for all credit balances and any queries raised with the appropriate person prior to contacting customer
- Match “on account” payments and credit notes with invoices to help maintain integrity of the ledger.
- Work with the customer to ensure timely payments and adherence to the credit terms
- Other adhoc/general administration as and when required
- Any other task as required within the Finance Transactions area.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent standard in Mathematics and English Language
- Experience in Credit Control and General Ledger accounting function, with an emphasis on aged debtor maintenance
- Jobholders will be confident and accurate in the use of computerised finance systems for the input of numerical and alphabetical data, and the output of on-line enquiries and standard reports
- Confident, professional and assertive telephone manner, in order to obtain the most positive responses from debtors
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow work notes, policies and procedure notes
- Excellent IT skills, including use of spreadsheets and word processing packages
- The ability to change the approach used, by understanding the type of debt and the different processes which need to be followed
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines and targets when working under pressure.
- Previous experience of working in a shared service environment.
If you are interested in the above role please click apply
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's