|Job Title:||Credit Controller|
|Salary:||£20000 - £22000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-02-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Georgia Farmer|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2019 11:03|
£20,000 - £22,000
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Credit Controller to work for a company who really value their employees. The credit controller is responsible for timely cash collection, logging of queries and credit management.
Responsibilities for the role of Credit Controller:
• Control a panel of self bill accounts.
• Reconcile payments against the ledger
• Ensure aged debt/cash collection targets are maintained
• Ensure all queries/discrepancies/non payments are raised within the set time scales.
• Escalate any issues through to Team Leaders/Managers/Directors
• Raise queries, action responses, follow up and chase where necessary to resolve.
• Prepare aged debt reports for the monthly meeting.
• Prepare report for bacs missing payments for the team
• Prepare Remittance advices for the cash allocation team from the missing reports.
• Reconcile accounts highlighting discrepancies/non payments take remedial action to resolve.
• Raise/action queries to supplying branches.
• Maintain own queries on the system, ensuring these are actioned within the agreed timescales.
• Follow up/chase all queries in order to resolve promptly.
• Telephone contacts to discuss/agree actions
" self bill credit controller
' Manage portfolio of clients to ensure timely cash collections
' Debt reduction
' Maintenance/management of designated ledgers
' Escalate issues internally and externally where appropriate
' Update internal systems with notes relating to all communications on each account
' Evaluate when accounts need to be passed to Litigation Department
' Log queried invoices onto in-house system
Skills and experience required for the role of Credit Controller:
' Previous experience required in a similar role.
Communication skills, expressing thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely when negotiating with clients on credit control issues
' Personal commitment to meet and where appropriate surpass customer expDetermination to set and meet specific targets, which represent a significant challenge
' A willingness to work conscientiously, efficiently, using an orderly approach and paying close attention to details when dealing with credit control matters
' The ability to analyse verbal information and accounts to evaluate bad debts
' Confidence when making decisions and confronting ectations by sensitively negotiating ways of reducing debts to satisfy both parties
' The ability to make decisions about priorities and tasks anticipating likely difficulties and making contingency plans to recover debts
' Confidence when making decisions and confronting difficult issues about customer accounts
' Understanding of the formal structure and hierarchy of the company, working within the standard operating procedures, rules and regulations to ensure best practise in the achievement of goals
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Accountancy, Finance, Engineering and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available - please visit our website.
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a contract of employment, have their own consultant on hand, accrue holiday as they as they work and enjoy other company benefits, so register online today.
If you are interested in this position, click on apply.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's