|Location||Mussafah, Abu Dhabi||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Competitive, based on experience||Sector||Engineering|
As Crane Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for repair and maintenance to a diverse range of ALE cranes and equipment, ranging from a 60t rough terrain to a 1600t crawler crane, both on the yard and at various sites. As an integral member of the ALE team, you will lead a small crew of maintenance personnel managing scheduled maintenance activities and handling unplanned repairs. This is a hands-on role requiring practical skills, leadership and efficiency to keep ALEs crane fleet running in optimum condition even in the warmest and driest of conditions.
No two jobs are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations within the GCC countries. If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.Package description
Competitive salary and benefits packageMain responsibilities
- Manage the scheduled maintenance for a mixed crane fleet, ranging from 60t rough terrain to 1600t crawler cranes
- Promptly action all unplanned maintenance and repairs
- Source and order all required spare parts, from alternative suppliers as well as OEM
- Managing the team of maintenance personnel, guiding and training team members where necessary
- Auditing of regional crane fleet
- On/Off hire reports for cranes
- Following up directly on warranty issues and cost claims with crane OEM and lease companies
- Technical assistance and support to mechanical team
- Manage all maintenance documentation and records accurately
- Ensure that the company's interests and image are projected at all times through good practice and safe working.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client safety regulations, risk assessments and method statements.
- Managerial qualification or relevant managerial/supervisory experience
- Health and safety qualification(s) or experience
- Vocational mechanical/technical qualification
- Technically proficient in hydraulic, electrical circuits and systems
- Familiar with Terex IC1 control systems
- Familiar with Liebherr Liccon control systems
- Other OEM familiarization (i.e., Hitachi-Sumitomo/Grove/Manitowoc)
- Knowledge of electronic control systems
- Established experience in the field of crane repairs and crane maintenance
- At least 2 years’ experience in hydraulic maintenance and hydraulic system operation
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft word/power-point/excel etc)
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Good communicator in English – both written and verbal
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Able to plan and organise efficiently and under pressure
- Able to invent and propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems
- Ability to work with inter-group IT systems, such as ERP software
- Leadership qualities
- High level of self-motivation
- Proactive attitude and mindset
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Willing to travel frequently as required
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience (Site operator – Client – Management)
- Hold a current and valid driving license
- Hold a current and valid passport
- Visa as required
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in more than 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.