Crane Assembly Supervisor
|Job Title:||Crane Assembly Supervisor|
|Salary:||Competitive, based on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-05-20 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kay Sproulle|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2019 15:45|
We have several opportunities for skilled crane assembly/disassembly supervisors (cranes ranging from 250 to 3000 tons) with rigging and heavy haulage driving experience.?? Our continued growth in the Gulf Coast area, providing crane services to major refineries as well as engaging in many of the major projects in and around world ??means that there are also progression opportunities for the right candidates with the desire to develop.
You must be both competent and qualified. You will guide the crew, ensure all conditions are safe for constructing a crane and keep a safe operation. Once a crane arrives on site, you will be the designated person in charge of assembly and disassembly. During operation, the crane operator is in control. However, the before and after all rest in the hands of the assembly/disassembly supervisor.
As a crane assembly supervisor for ALE, you will be professional, dedicated and take pride in providing service excellence to our customers and representing the ALE brand.Package description
Competitive package, including travel and accommodation as requiredMain responsibilities
- Supervise safe, efficient and correct assembly and disassembly of all types of cranes in accordance with manufacturer???s procedures.
- Ensure all pre-operational checks are carried out and recorded and report any deviations and / or malfunctions of equipment in a timely manner. When equipment has been reassembled post-transport, ensure a functional test is carried out on site
- Halting crane operations if alerted to an unsafe condition.
- Ensuring area preparations are completed before crane operations commence.
- Ensuring necessary traffic controls are in place.
- Ensuring workers understand their responsibilities and the associated hazards.
- Appointing signal people and ensuring they meet the applicable requirements.
- Allowing crane operations near power lines only when applicable requirements are met.
- Ensuring precautions are implemented for special lifting operations, such as multiple crane lifts.
- Ensuring rigging is performed by competent personnel.
- Ensuring the load is properly rigged and balanced.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client regulations
- General maintenance of equipment
- Liaise daily with supervisor, operations manager and / or line manager
- Deliver, organize and attend toolbox talks and kick-off meetings as required
- Crane operator licence
- Driving licence as required to move cranes by road
- Other licences for plant and equipment, e.g. Forklift, telehandler, MEWP, etc
- Maintenance schedule and requirements for cranes
- Best practice slinging, signalling, rigging
- Safe operation of cranes and planning of lifts
- Minimum 3 years??? experience assembling cranes of a similar type and configuration
- Performing routine maintenance on cranes
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The ability to plan, organize and work efficiently under pressure
- Competent grasp of the English language, spoken and written
- Proactive, with high level of self-motivation and confidence
- Good communicator ??? able to give clear concise instructions to operational personnel
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience (Site personnel ??? Client ??? Project manager)
- Able to invent and propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Willing to travel and work nationally and internationally for extensive periods
- Driving licence
??About the company
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining.?? We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in 40 businesses across the world.?? The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's