|Location||Stonehouse, Gloucestershire||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||Up to £13 per hour||Sector||Engineering|
Job Title: Craft Technician
Salary: circa £13/hour
Type: 3-6 Months Contract
My client , a large manufacturer of automotive parts is currently looking for craft technicians to join them on an ongoing contract. You will be responsible for ensuring that the required level of output is achieved in line with the master production schedule and quality standards, through the appropriate allocation of daily tasks and maximization of machine up time.
You will be working rotating shifts: 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am
Overtime is available
* To be responsible for the setting, checking and calibration of all gauging equipment within a cell.
* To be responsible for the start-up, re setting, running and shutdown of all machines in a cell, including fixtures, tooling (including ordering)
* To be responsible for the training of operators within a cell
* To allocate daily tasks to operators within a cell to ensure output targets are achieved in line with quality and health and safety standards.
* To ensure effective day by day communication to all operators within a cell with regard to output targets, performance, achievement against MOP's, and issues affecting quality.
* To assist in the development and implementation of process improvement activities, including process control, scrap reduction and TQ activity.
* To be responsible for ensuring effective material flow including the receipt, handling, storage and delivery of all materials to and from, and within a cell.
* To be responsible for ensuring first line maintenance of all plant and machinery within a cell (including coolants and filtration).
* Recognised apprenticeship or similar technical qualification
* Motivated team player, committed to total quality
* Experience in similar high-volume manufacturing environment
* Experience of calibration, setting and testing gauging equipment
* Experience of using micrometers
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.