CPCS/NPORS Traffic Marshall - School Crossing Patroller
- Job Reference: 00027145-1
- Date Posted: 12 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Upper Holloway, London
- Salary: £15.00 to £16.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Construction Logistics Group are currently looking for 1x Qualified Traffic Marshall (full time) able to also assist with School Crossing Patrol Officer duties for 2 hours a day.
We are a trusted construction sub-contractor, providing logistics services and personnel in various construction site around London, UK and Europe.
The right candidate for this role must be CRB/ DBS vetted to ensure the health and safety of all children, parents and other road users at all times.
About the Role
When not performing School Crossing Patroller duties (also known as “lollipop" men or women) the right candidate is required to perform Traffic Marshall duties, ensuring safe movement of traffic to and from a construction site.
As a School Crossing Patrol officer, you will ensure the safety of children and parents waiting to cross the road or crossing at a designated point between prescribed times, without detriment to the health and safety of all other road users.
This will be needed during school pick up and drop off hours, approximately 8.30AM – 9.30 AM and 3.00PM – 4.00PM.
Outside these hours, the right candidate will be responsible of recording deliveries and managing the access and egress from a construction site, directing road traffic and vehicles in and out as needed.
You must be able to work 5 days per week (8 AM to 6PM) during school term times. Annual leave only to be booked during School Holidays.
We are interested to hear from someone friendly, reliable and willing to work outdoors to ensure the safety of others, especially children.
What we offer
Negotiable salary, depending on experience, starting at £11 per hour
Full uniform and PPE
10 Hours work with one-hour break paid included
Payments on CIS (self-employment scheme) if applicable
Training and Opportunity to Grow within the organisation
Main duties and responsibilities:
* To ensure the safety of children crossing the road at a designated point on their journey to and from school.
* To operate hazard warning signs as appropriate.
* To control and direct traffic as appropriate(including construction site and zebra crossing)
* To maintain control over children who are awaiting instructions to cross.
* To regularly assess the risks associated with operating at the crossing site in order to identify any problems.
* Report problems and defects to manager
* To ensure that drivers and workers adhere to health and safety regulations on-site
* To continuously maintain communication with the site office and vehicle drivers
* To ensure the safe movement of vehicles into and out of the construction site, preserving pedestrian and traffic routes outside of the site entrance
Candidates will be contacted subject to Background Checks, please do not apply without a valid CRB/DBS check
A CPCS or NPORS is also needed and previous experience in construction industry.
A Covid-19 risk assessment is performed in all our sites and work is carried out in accordance with the latest government guidelines