COVID PPE Manager
- Job Reference: 00032844-1
- Date Posted: 25 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £19.14 Per Hour
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Our client in Durham is looking to recruit COVID PPE Managers who will work well in a Partnership setting with other services and organisations, has a project mindset, good at problem solving and can interpret clear guidance.
This will be on a 6 months contract (to be reviewed thereafter)
· Provide effective management to the redeployed staff aligned to support the PPE Cell through the COVID pandemic. This involves a multidisciplinary Team including Customer Service staff, delivery staff, stores operatives and database management.
· Work with LRF partners from NHS, Primary Care, Adult Social Care and Emergency Services to assess PPE issues across the wider LRF network and develop solutions to remedy any specific PPE supply challenges across these sectors.
· Manage the interface between Customer Services, stock control, PPE allocation and the delivery processes established through the PPE Cell.
· Work closely with and follow the guidance of Public Health and the Councils H&S Manager to ensure that the correct PPE is issued and used effectively.
· Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of HM Government Covid-19 advice and HSE guidance in relation to PPE. The post holder will need to work with the Council’s Health & Safety Manager to implement any new PPE guidance in terms of the what staff need to undertake their roles.
· Review stock take data and liaise with Corporate Procurement to maintain an appropriate stock of essential PPE equipment.
· To provide a central point of contact for all PPE queries and requests, providing consistent and professional advice.
· Provide a coordination role for the LRF PPE Cell. This includes convening senior level meetings and ensuring action points are recorded, followed up on and data returns submitted on time to the respective LRF Tactical Coordinator Group as required. You would also be the identified contact for Government Departments who deal with PPE including Dept. for Health and Social Care and the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government.
· To represent the Client and the LRF on the LRF Tactical Coordinating Group and other similar groups as directed by the Head of Service and Strategic Manager.
· Managing overall stock, quality control while ensuring value for money, with overall responsibility for the monitoring and recording of all PPE being used by the Council. To have oversight of any discrepancies in the delivered orders and to raise concerns with the relevant internal and external persons in an effort to rectify these incidents.
· Managing an effective stock rotation process, ensuring that there is safe disposal and or relocation of surplus, redundant and obsolete stock. To ensure that products not acceptable for use are quarantined appropriately and stock levels adjusted accordingly.
· The post holder will be responsible for the development and future management of the new PPE database in partnership with Digital Services.
* To ensure that effective working relationships are developed and maintained with internal and external partners, organisations, customers and other stakeholders.
* Ensure team members are trained and updated in the relevant legislation.
* To ensure that the service within the scope of responsibility are operated with due regard to all relevant legislation, operating guidance and best practice.
* To participate in working groups and inter-departmental teams whose work contributes towards the delivery of effective and efficient services and assists in achieving the council’s key outcomes.
* To work closely with other employees, internal and external partners.
The above is not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to undertake any duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and the competence of the post as directed by the Strategic Manager or Head of Service.
Qualified to NVQ Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant qualification
· Proven experience of leading a support service
· Demonstrable experience of managing, guiding and advising managers and service
· Ability to manage, develop, supervise and motivate people and enhance team working.
· Proven track record of working with external agencies and partner organisations
· Strong ability to manage budgets and financial information
* Contactable references ( past/present or most current employer /character reference) covering the past 2 years
* Qualified to NVQ Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant qualification
* An up to date CV highlighting your experience
* Proof of ID (birth certificate / passport / work permit/ residence permit)
To apply for this job please send your CV. Alternatively, contact Nozi on (phone number removed) or our office number (phone number removed)
At LSS we offer our candidates the following:
* A team with over 20 years Administration Public Sector/Trades/Built Environment/Construction Recruitment experience
* Access to a wide selection of Built Environment/Construction vacancies across the UK
* The choice of PAYE or Limited company schemes
* Weekly payroll service
* Excellent rates of pay
Live Staffing Solutions ( LSS ) is a specialist recruiter of Trades/Built Environment/Construction and related Public Sector Jobs