- Job Reference: 00033547-1
- Date Posted: 13 January 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Epsom, Surrey
- Salary: £32.61 to £40.55 Per Hour
- Sector: Government & Defence, Healthcare & Medical, HSE, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Braxfield Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider based in Surrey who are looking to recruit a COVID-19 Officer on an interim contract.
Duties as a COVID-19 Officer will include:
* Providing proactive advice to businesses, the voluntary sector and duty holders on implementation of COVID-19 control measures in workplaces; and where deficiencies are found, secure compliance using an escalating scale of advice and enforcement in accordance with relevant legal powers where appropriate.
* Providing advice, support and training on COVID-19 risk assessments to businesses, voluntary sector and duty holders of workplaces, as appropriate.
* Developing and sharing COVID-19 policies, programmes, documentation, information and communications to provide a consistent approach across Surrey.
* Reviewing un-licensed events COVID-19 risk assessments and proposed control measures to determine appropriateness of events and monitor the effective implementation of these control measures. This may include events brought to the attention of Environmental Health teams via Safety Advisory Groups (SAGs) or other routes.
* Reviewing premises licences and temporary event notices relating to venues proposing to carry on public entertainment and/or alcohol service, to determine appropriateness of COVID-19 risk assessments and proposed control measures and monitor effective implementation of these control measures.
* Where vulnerable individuals are identified, to ensure they are brought to the attention of the necessary authorities and are receiving adequate support.
* Working with landlords and tenants of dwellings where social distancing is difficult such as houses in multiple occupation, to advise and enforce COVID-19 control measures where appropriate.
* Working with COVID Champions and COVID Marshalls (or their equivalents) to engage, explain and encourage public and business compliance with national guidance in place at that point in time.
* Responding to complaints and intelligence concerning non-compliance with COVID-19 regulations and government guidance.
* Respond to COVID-19 outbreaks and actively participate in multi-agency Outbreak Control Team / Incident Management Team meetings, providing advice and enforcement where appropriate. This may include the cancellation of an event, the closure of a premises or outdoor open space, or the use of more general health protection / environmental health / health and safety powers available.
* Providing training or information to local teams as part of the response to any outbreak, as necessary.
* Helping on occasion, to assisting with local contact tracing such as physical door knocking on those who need to self-isolate to contain the virus.
To be considered for the position of COVID-19 Officer you must have the following:
* Experience of enforcement situations
* Experience in dealing with businesses, landlords and occupants of private housing.
* Ability to work flexibility including evenings, weekends and if required.
* Relevant qualification in regulatory compliance, environmental health, public health or health and safety.
* Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Job title: COVID-19 Officer
Rate: £32.61 PAYE - £40.55 LTD p/h (inside IR35)
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more information, please submit a copy of your updated CV and one of our consultants will be in touch