Covid 19 Compliance Support Officer
- Job Reference: 00022939-1
- Date Posted: 13 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Salary: £12.00 to £13.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Call Centre / Customer Service, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract, Temporary
Our client is looking to recruit a team of Covid-19 Compliance Support Officers to work across the county of Oxford, details as follows
You will be working within a team to promote Covid security measures in local businesses and public settings and to deliver measures outlined in the Government’s Contain framework. The team will consist of qualified Environmental Health Officers and support officers with appropriate transferable skills which will enable them, with minimal training, to carry out Covid-19 prevention work and to support the response to any possible outbreaks across the county.
* Provide Covid-19 advice and support to businesses, event organisers and managers of settings which the public can access based on current guidance.
* Review and assess business’ Covid-19 risk assessments and provide advice to improve control measures.
* Inspect and spot check businesses to ensue Covid-19 risk control measures are in place.
* Support local outbreak responses through liaison with businesses and other bodies, information gathering, contact tracing and other tasks as required.
* Support enforcement activity, including the service of formal notices and fixed penalty notices.
1. Carry out visits to businesses and other settings that the public have access to across Oxfordshire to review Covid-19 risk control measures, provide advice and guidance and to promote good practice.
2. Identify poor Covid-19 infection control measures and engage support from Environmental Health Officers as required to ensure poor practice is remedied.
3. Prioritise complaints and enquiries from businesses and residents and appropriately respond to/investigate these enquiries having regard to agreed policies and procedures.
4. To undertake project work, and respond flexibly to emerging issues to help the councils deliver the agreed Covid-19 interventions and campaigns, including supporting communications campaigns.
5. To actively gather intelligence on business malpractice, contribute to assessments and make proposals for action to reduce Covid-19 infection risks.
6. Attend and monitor activity at public events.
7. Support the identification of events taking place in Oxfordshire through monitoring local advertising and contacting event organisers to gather information.
8. Liaise with officers in the Oxfordshire councils to ensure activities of the new team are coordinated with local activities.
9. Liaise with partners, including Public Health and the Police, to ensure activities are prioritised and coordinated and to resolve problems.
Essential Skills Required
1. Able to interpret complex written information and apply it in a practical setting.
2. Able to create accurate written records.
3. Able to use IT to receive, process and record information accurately.
4. Experience of carrying out enforcement activities in a law enforcement context.
5. Experience of interpreting and implementing health and safety legislation or regulatory requirements and good practice in a commercial setting.
6. Able to travel throughout Oxfordshire
7. Ability & willingness to work outside office hours.
8. Ability & willingness to work out of doors in adverse weather conditions
Recognised qualification in Health and Safety (NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent)) would be desirable
If you feel you have the necessary experience and skills to fulfill this role please submit your CV ASAP