COVID - 19 Compliance Officer
- Job Reference: 00027317-1
- Date Posted: 14 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Blyth, Northumberland
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
The COVID-19 Compliance Officer shall support the Site Manager (who has responsibility for day-to-day health, safety and environmental management on the site). The COVID-19 Compliance Officer have the authority to stop relevant work found non-compliant to Covid rules, inform the site manager and advise to deny personnel access to site where team members not comply to requirements related to the COVID-19 situation.
The COVID-19 Compliance Officer shall be updated and trained in the Hitachi ABB HVDC HSE requirements and the site specific HSE plan and official requirements, guidelines, recommendations provided by our client, UK government and other UK federations/councils etc. related to the COVID-19 situation.
The COVID-19 Compliance Officer duties include, but are not limited to:
* Develop a health focused rapport with the work force, encourage and help develop a Covid safe work culture.
* Support Site Manager and Site HSE Coordinator on COVID-19 issues and support for proper planning social distancing during operation.
* Ongoing control of compliance with our client and UK requirements, recommendations and guidelines for the COVID-19 situation.
* Assist the site manager in communicating with Public authorities in connection with clarification and reporting.
* Assistance in producing and updating documentation for COVID-19 situation.
* Continuous assessment and planning of implementing mitigation measures to reduce the risk for outbreak or spreading the COVID-19 virus at site.
* Develop Risk assessment related to the COVID-19 situation
* Develop Method Statement related to safe work during the COVID-19 situation.
* Contact person for all aspects of COVID-19 situation.
* Provide COVID-19 guidance, support or training as necessary.
* Site COVID-19 reporting (Incidents, suspected cases etc.).
* Assist in incident investigation and communicate COVID-19 lessons learned.
* Assist Site HSE Coordinator to ensure having plans and documentation for proper PPE that can be used during the COVID-19 situation in accordance to Manufacturers, our clients, NSL or UK recommendation, requirements or guidelines.
* Developing Emergency response plans to handle COVID-19 incidents at site.
* Give Emergency response team training of handling COVID-19 incidents at site (First aid, evacuation of site, cleaning of areas, fencing off areas etc.).
* Perform site inspections focus on social distancing and COVID-19 situation and support during site audits (including Contractors and Sub-Contractors).
* Involvement in Permit to Work process related to the COVID-19 situation (shall Quality check all COVID-19 PTW's on behalf of Site Manager).
* Participate in site HSE meetings.
* Ensure that COVID-19 requirements, recommendations and guidelines relevant for specific tasks are met (e.g. as defined according to legislation, contractual requirements, our clients requirements or requirements coming from project documentation such as method statements or risk assessments).
* Perform daily monitoring of site activities in the form of informal site tours, which are performed regularly during each shift to ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner.
* Communicate and enhance good cooperation and coordination between all parties on site as well as towards project team.
Reporting Line and Communication:
* The Covid Officer reports to the Site Manager
* Communication to Country Management to be directed via Site Management
* Communication from Country Management to be informed to Site management.
Our client is global technology business with a presence in over 90 countries. They offer products, systems & solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century. With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to making energy more accessible, affordable & sustainable for millions of people globally.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application