|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum||Sector||Professional & Admin|
Reporting directly into the PMO Finance Lead (Metering & Infrastructure Alliance), this role will be responsible for forecasting and monitoring the financial costs for either programme. The Metering programme is high on the Thames Water agenda and is the first in the world to deliver a high volume of smart water meters. The Water Networks programme plays a significant part to deliver several commitments to our regulator OFWAT, such as the water leakage target.
Working within a capital project environment (CAPEX) you will ensure all financial information, governance and performance is reported accurately to the business. You will also provide financial reporting to the wider business, whilst gaining exposure to all other areas of departments, including other capital programmes within Thames Water.
The role is part of a team of three and will be responsible for:
- Supporting the PMO Finance Lead in providing all financial information for their business area.
- Build/maintain strong relationships with Head of Programme, Programme Managers, Project Managers, Water Networks Finance, and SPI
- Monitor the forecast and costs for capital projects within the programme as well as the programme overall
- Review month end actuals and forecast from deliverers and challenge data submitted against performance baselines.
- Provide insightful variance analysis that links operational and financial performance which enables Programme Manager/Project Managers to make effective operational decisions
- Lead and assist PMO Finance Lead/other senior stakeholders with FP&A processes for the programme including production of plans and presentations
- Support programme managers in seeking funding and financial governance.
- Maintaining and continuously improving robustness of financial systems and processes.
- Drive continuous improvement of controls, systems, reporting and processes
- Work with other team members, line manager and external parties to identify and share best practice.
- Strong analytical and variance analysis skills with the ability to confidently challenge stakeholders and generate insight from data
- Good communication skills including converting financial information into narratives which can be understood and acted upon by operational staff
- This person is ideally a qualified accountant (or part qualified) or will have a Project Controls background.
- Experience of manufacturing, construction or utilities industry
- Proficient IS skills including SAP and Excel
- Previous experience of CAPEX is desirable
- Travel to other regional offices will be required as part of this role
- Experience of the utility sector will also aid transition into the role
What’s in it for you:
You will be working on high profile programmes within Thames Water Operations. This role offers exposure to multiple senior stakeholders and departments within Thames Water. There is also the opportunity to support on OPEX financials as well. There will be potential for you to grow and develop into the PMO Finance Lead (Metering & Infrastructure Alliance).
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.